cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded 2 1mb can i host more people on xbox live?

N/A

Just wodering can i host more people on game like wolfenstein ghost recon etc

Thanks
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

It depends on which direction the most data is being transmitted when they are playing th egame: to your xbox or from it.

Remember, the 1MB speed increase is only for data going from the internet to you, the speed at which you send data out has not changed and is still 256Kbits/s. If more users produce more outgoing data from your xbox you may not be able to do what you are asking.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

nope its the upload speed thats the player limiter, so until BT allows for higher than 256k for home connections then hosting on a UK DLS line just isnt viable with a Good ping.

What it will help is that you can run more pc's online for viewing webpages/downloads as long as nothing much is being uploaded. Which is why I want it but cant get it as I use a second Montior pc for a game server I admin. So having that extra bandwidth would help as using VNC can be a lag inducer.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Thats sucks really. But thanks 4 ur wise words
N/A

lo,most game servers will allow about 8-10k per user for bandwidth,as you are setting your xbox up as a server best performance you can get will be with no more than 4 players connected to it.at a push 6 players should be ok but will give a lot of lag in bigger fights.512 upload speed would be ok but its still gonna be way short of dedicated games servers for bandwidth.256 is fine for a couple of mates having a laugh but for serious hosting your looking at a 10mbps connection at the very least.
N/A

Yeah 10mb wud be nice. I upgraded 2 download shit of da web faster just wonded if my xbox live was better. Thanks guys