cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultima Online

N/A

Ultima Online

Morning all,

I know it's not as popular an online game as, say, World of Warcraft, but has anybody else noticed any changes in Ultima Online's performance through Plusnet in the last week?

It's so laggy as to be unplayable now.

The ping to europa.owo.com is about 60ms, which is fine, World of Warcraft works fine, downloads work fine, it's just UO that doesn't.

Nothing has changed in my setup and the playability actually improves on a 56k dialup to somebody else's network.

My guess is that somebody at PlusNet's been fiddling with their much chatted about traffic management system, which seems like a good idea on paper, and just hasn't marked the ports that UO uses as having priority of "game".

Anybody else care to comment?

Dav
17 REPLIES
N/A

Ultima Online

I myself have noticed a change while playing UO, i can ping the server and get a ping of 38 but when you log into the game i ping 400-500ms with jumping packet loss
N/A

Ultima Online

phew, I'm glad it's not just me Smiley

Thanks for posting
N/A

Ultima Online

Lookee at the online gaming thread. Or, if you've got a bit of spare time, "Very bad pings right now, usually 25 now 450?".

Basically; PN now have to add every game's ports to a whitelist, in order for latency to come anything anywhere near tolerable.
N/A

Ultima Online

Still link:censored Waiting are you ever going to fix this game or do we have to wait months for you to fix anything

[Moderator's note by James (sallyandjames): Attempt to bypass the swear filter removed.]
N/A

Ultima Online

And yet again try to play a game on Sunday morning and cant do [censored] becasue of the pile of [censored] isp service you provide.

You guys are a [censored] joke and i fed up with your [censored] answer to everything.
N/A

Ultima Online

I am playing on a free shard dfi.defianceuo.com and the playability is a joke over the last few months having tried everything else i am now convinced its a problem with plusnet and am seriously thinking of changing provider.
N/A

Ultima Online

Hi again all,

Glad to see that it's not just me playing UO these days.

I've had word from PlusNet that they're adding UO's TCP ports to the appropriate priority group, so hopefully we won't lag to a standstill when the network gets busy.

We should notice the change within a week, as it understandably takes them a while to make the necessary configuration changes.

Cheers,

Dav
N/A

Ultima Online

Well I will look forward to them adding these ports so I can go back to my speedy ways on Drachenfels....long live UO....lol
N/A

Ultima Online

Looks like Dav has been brainwashed by Plusnet :lol:
N/A

Ultima Online

Ha! not quite, came within about 10 minutes of moving ISPs to be honest, but I do know what it's like to run a complex network. Whilst I don't agree with the response times from their customer services, at least they got there in the end. and I'd rather they did things carefully rather than delete all my emails. again.
N/A

Ultima Online

Still find Ultima Online unplayable for about 18hrs a day ?

Ping around 600-700ms then at about midnight get back to my usual 61ms
N/A

Ultima Online

try turning router off (if you have one) and reconnecting until you get a good connection. otherwise get on to plusnet and make em pay!
N/A

Ultima Online

they said when i raised a ticket that in a week my problem should be sorted, sorry too late ive already changed isp:-]
N/A

Ultima Online

sorry to rais this up, but i still have this problem, cant play UO at all, i raised a ticked they said it was cos the port was unasigned by the managment software, and where raising it with the network team or soemthing, but its been a few weeks now and im so tired of this extream lag. this game is playable on a 56k but not on 4MB ADSL :/ skyusers report no problems so maybe i should migrate to adsl2+