cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UT2004 Server?

markgillespie
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

Any plans to replace the UT2003 server with the shiny new fantastic UT2004?
16 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

Hi There,

We should be able to run both 2003 & 2004 once the new platform is sorted .. so yes, in a way Cheesy
markgillespie
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

new platform?
jberry
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

* taps side of nose *

More info when I have it Cool
N/A

UT2004 Server?

Lol and to think I was just about to start a thread requesting this Cheesy

My copy of UT2k4 arrived this morning. Better be getting that installed ASAP Wink
jberry
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

I have already got it working (internally) but it needs configuring and a whole load of other network changes making before we can get it live. Sometime in the next 2 weeks is my best guess.
benskia
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

sweet.
N/A

UT2004 Server?

is this for plus net users only or is it open to the public?
N/A

UT2004 Server?

It'll be open to the public... Since Josh allowed me to run the UT2003 server, I'll be doing the same for the 2k4 server/s. The old server was only able to run as 1on1 with decent pings, we shouldn't have this problem with the new servers.. However, as there are tons of Onslaught and Assault servers... I thought It'd be nice to cater for the gametypes that have been neglected, such as LMS for example.

I don't know if any of you guys played LMS in UT, but it had a small but thriving community - right now there is no LMS community at all - it'd be nice if we can give it a jumpstart.

When Josh has finished sorting out the servers, I'll create some thread/s on what gametypes and maps you guys fancy playing, until then... adios Wink
N/A

UT2004 Server?

Ok,

all i play online is onslaught! so that type of sever would be great!

whats lms?
N/A

UT2004 Server?

LMS = Last Man Standing

It's a variation on DeathMatch.. Basically your given x amount of lives, and when you spawn you have every weapon available in that map with full ammo.... The last person standing wins. Because you wanto protect your lives, you'll find ppl being more defensive.. It can be alot of fun if ppl give it a try... Just like Double Dom can be alot of fun in a similar way Smiley

Regarding ONS, If theres enough ppl wanting a plusnet server for it.. Sure that should be ok, but I know for a fact that Onslaught and Assault use up more cpu and memory which might limit how many servers we can run at once.
N/A

UT2004 Server?

Im gonna give lms a go sounds like my kinda game. i dont do deathmatch anymore as its just to fast and frantic nothing calculated about it...

but lms sounds alot more interesting. Cheesy
N/A

UT2004 Server?

will it be just one server running LMS? or will you be able to set up one with ONS as well. I gotta admit ONS is my favourite gametype.
jberry
Grafter

UT2004 Server?

PM jimster - he's running the UT servers for us.
N/A

UT2004 Server?

Any more info on UT2004 servers plsHuh