cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UT and F9

N/A

UT and F9

Hi to all ,

I would like to ask a simple question that I can't sort out myself, either through being thick or just through it being impossible to sort....

What it is I and some other family members all play UT against each other some of us have been playing for years others normally over a LAN on a Tuesday night. However we have had to move and now unable to hold our gaming nights. So what I want to do is run a mini Unreal Tournament (not UT2k3 or 4) server for 5 to 8 people on my server at home. I used to be able to do this when using my cable modem on an otherwise un-mentionable IP company.

However due to only having the 1 static IP address which is assigned to my Modem, I am now unable to run my server.

I have been trying for about 5 months with no joy. So before I throw in the towel and say **** it , can anyone tell me how to set up UT on F9. It would mean a great deal to the buggsters family.

many thanks in advance for any info. Oh and if you are able to help out then maybe you could join us one night.....
Cheesy
9 REPLIES
N/A

UT and F9

Hi, I run a UT server at home on my force9 connection when me and my mates want to have a game. All you have to do is forward the UT tcp port 7777 (? sorry its been a while since i set it up) to the server on your LAN, you connect to the server using the LAN IP address, and everyone else connects using your static WAN IP address( or even better use username.force9.co.uk, or better still if you have your domain hosted on force9, add a DNS record to forward to your IP so people connect to ut.djarv.co.uk for example) Smiley

If you have a modem and not a router and you do not have the ability to forward ports you will have to host the UT server on the machine that is connected to the net.

Hope the helps, let me know if not.

Jarv
N/A

UT and F9

Thank you.....didnt think of that :shock: Doh!
N/A

UT and F9

heh no probs Smiley

Jarv
N/A

UT and F9

OK I am still having problems.....maybe its just me being a prat but I have tried everything including turning off the firewall and yet it still doesn't work Sad

If anyone can help throw some light on the subject then I would be greatfull

My systems are as follows

the modem/router is connected to the server, the router has the didicated IP address so the PC has to have the usual web IP

the server is then connected to the switch
the other PC's connect to the switch and are all set to obtain their IP automatically....

does that throw any more light on the subject ?

regards
Bugg
N/A

UT and F9

Hi,

* can you connect to the server from the lan?

* are you sure that port 7777 (UDP) is getting forwarded to the server from the router? (under virtual server / port forwarding / something similar on the router)

* what router do you have?

Jarv
N/A

UT and F9

Hi I have what is called an epic router MC8000UE-S4 I must admit to not setting anything in the router, sorry I have been messing with the network itself. Doh

I am not much of a software person really and tend to only build and repair machines , hence struggling with this...any help is greatfully received.

regards
Bugg
N/A

UT and F9

will have a quick look see if i can find any settings for you, but it will probably be this weekend, im quite busy at the mo Smiley

ill keep you posted, so to speak Tongue

Jarv
N/A

UT and F9

Cheesy Thanks for all your help after your last post I went away and read up on some bits, found some stuff on my router and messed around all day yesterday,. After many many many hours I now have a server up and running. Jarvis feel free to contact me if you ever want to join us.......

Kind regards and once again thanks for all your help...

Bugg Cheesy :lol: there is no dancing around like a loon icon so you will just have to imagine it....
N/A

UT and F9

heh heh, no problems Cheesy

glad to help out a fellow gamer!

will contact you about playing sometime, not had much time for games lately though Sad

Jarv