cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Twisted Metal Black + wireless router??

N/A

I cant seem to get this game to work on PS2. Managed to get the network adaptor to work fine and registered at Central Station, all test fine. But when I try to connect to an internet game server I get the message about network connection failure. Hunting around the net for answers seems to indicate that because I'm connected via router, I may have to 'open ports/firewall' etc.?

I'm using Netgear Wireless Router MR314 but have no idea about what ports I need to open or how to do it! Anyone able to shed some light?
5 REPLIES
N/A

According to a lot of those sites you need to place the PS2's IP address in the DMZ zone of the router. This means that any ports which do not have instructions for forwarding them, will automatically goto your PS2. I presume this is because it uses many different ports.
N/A

Thanks eurotrain4. The router setup has an area for IP address for default DMZ server - is this where I put the PS2 IP address - if so, how do I find out what the IP address is for the PS2?
N/A

That sounds about right. I'm not really up on the PS2 - is it connected directly to the router, or is it through a PC?

Again, I'm not really sure how to find the IP of it :? On the PS2, is there some way of finding out? My router (dlink) has a page called "DHCP Summary Table" which shows all of the computers on my network, and what IP is assigned to them. Maybe something similar on yours?
N/A

Cheers, the PS2 is connected to Netgear ME101 Wireless Bridge and then obvously to the router. I think the Netgear router has a similar DHCP summary table, so I'll have a look at that. I suppose the other alternative is to connect the wireless bridge to my pc and check the IP from there. Will give me something to try today anyway, thanks!
N/A

I guess the DHCP table is only useful if the PS2 receives it'sIP via (you guessed it) DHCP. Otherwise, if you manually tell it which IP to use, it won't. Then again, if you did it manually, you'd know what you entered Wink

I'm very amateurish at networking, but I think connecting it to the PC would give the same IP address as connecting it to the PS2, as long as you don't restart the router (which would reassign it's IP address). Though, as I said, may be completely off.