cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Try This Free Online Game

N/A

Hi,

I have just developed a couple of games for mobile phones. One of them Marbles, can be played online as a Java Applet. Just click on the following link http://cgi.lastgame.co.uk/cgi-bin2/online/52012003.php.

I would appreciate any feedback and comments on the game. Please send all feedback to feedback@lastgame.co.uk

You can now win a free version of Marbles for your mobile phone by having one of the top three scores on the online version of marbles. Just follow the link.

http://cgi.lastgame.co.uk/cgi-bin2/online/52012003.php.

Good luck,

Raz Wink
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Does not play on Mozilla 1.6. I have Suns JRE 2 v1.4.2_02 version already installed so don't know why it does not. For some reason it can't find the plugin for mimetype=application/x-java-applet

Have you tried it on Mozilla 1.6?
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

Its OK but it needs to get harder faster, I gave up on 30 000 because I had stuff to do. To get to the current highscore would take ages. Can you make them speed up as time goes on?
N/A

Hi,

Thanks for the current feedback guys.

Peter , I have only tried it on Internet Explorer. Its my first real applet but I thought it would work on any brwser that supported the JRE 1.4.1 or higher plug-in. I will try to have a look on the Sun developered forum to see if I can get any more info.

Josh,

That's one of the things I was hoping you guys will be able to help out with. I've be playing it quite a bit in my testing so its diificult for me to assess whether the initial levels are too easy or not. There a few variables I can adjust to make the harder level come much quicker. If other people agree its too easy initially, I will make a few changes and let you guys know when the new version is ready.

Cheers,

Raz
N/A

New version of Marbles ready

Hi,

I've made a few changes which should hopefully create the correct balance for beginners and more advance players.

Changes are,

1) The levels increase much quicker, making it more difficult quickier
2) Some of the ealier levels are slightly more difficult.
3) Marbles can no longer be swapped with an empty space, except for dropping a marble off a column.

Please note that all the previous high scors have been removed for the new version.

Let me know what you guys think of the new version. Cheers for all the input so far.

Enjoy,

Raz :lol:
N/A

I noted a couple of things.

1: You can move around whilst paused. You may not see the movment, however, I have made upto 5 drops at a time by using this method.

2: After two failed attempts (whilst unregistered), I am unable to submit a high score any more. Pressing U does nothing

3: When I registered (username ppslim), I was unable to acitvate the account. It just said invalid password, even checking what it said in the link.

My current high score is 87,100, and there is nothing I can do with it Tongue
N/A

Phil,

Cheers for the input.

1) Well spotted! I hadn't try testing that and you are right you can still make moves whilst the game is paused. Although its a nice cheat I have decided to block any player moves whilst the game is paused as you would expect.
2) A bit concerned about this. A small dialog box should appear when you press U. Please note that U can only be pressed at the end of a game and not during a game, even if its paused. Simply enter a valid user id and password and the score will be added to the database. Please note that currently the ranking table that appears on the left is not refreshed until you refresh the page.
3) You should have received an e-mail with a link to activate your account. The e-mail was sent to the e-mail address you specified when you registered. If for some reason you didn't receive this e-mail or you are still experiencing problems e-mail me at support@lastgame.co.uk and I will activate the account for you.

Your score is pretty impressive. Even I haven't managed to get near that yet. Its a shame you haven't been able to register it. Hopefully, you will be able to get a similiar score once you have managed to activate your account. It will be a good score for everyone to aim for.

Raz
N/A

LOL, I was using the cheat to do it mind Tongue

I did receive the e-mail, however, it is the link that you are supposed to click that produced the invalid password results. The URL query string was in the format uname=user&passwd=pass®key=[lowercase_MD5_hash]

Note the ® and not &

I suspect this may be intentional, but I tried with a & instead, only to get invalid key

As for submitting the score, I had tried severals times, and got that screen and it produced a invalid user details screen. This happened twice, then I went for the high score. At the end of the round (with game over on the screen), the U key did nothing.
N/A

Phil,

Bizzard, I don't understand why you have experienced problems activating your account as a few others have registered since without any problems, and I have just tried a test which woked fine. I guess I will have to put it down to one of those electronic gremlins. Evil

Anyway, I have activated your acccount for you so you should be able to update your score, the next time you play.

I had a wee feeling you may have reached that score with your little cheat. Wink

Let me know how you get on.

Raz
N/A

All bugs and modifications made. The final release of the game is available.

Thanks to everyone who gave me feedback, it was very useful.

Hopefully, you guys will continue to enjoy the game and spread the word.

Cheers,

Raz :lol: