cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.. Wow this game looks good.

N/A

Here is a few screenshots I have taken, this game is absolutley beautiful.

Most of these are around 1MB each so slow connections beware hehe. Also the images have been rescaled to 75% of my resolution to make them smaller lol which may have made them look less pretty.

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Image 4

Its so addictive though, getting behind at college because of it :lol: Shockedops: :twisted: :roll:

Ah well lol
20 REPLIES
N/A

What rig you running that on? res, AA etc?

Thinking about buying this game.
N/A

Its a:

s754 Athlon Clawhammer 3700+ 1MB Cache
1024mb of Memory
7900GT 256MB Gcard

Its doing everything maxed using 4xAF and HDR (game wont run with AA and HDR for some reason not been bothered to look into it) at 1600x1200 res.

I get drops down to 20fps at times when your roaming outside of the city, but its not a super fast paced game so you dont even notice it. Averages above 40+ once in towns and dungeons etc.

Err thats about all there is to know. Although my brother is running it with not bad detail at 800x600 on an old Socket A Athlon 2Ghz with an AGP 6600GT 128mb I think heh.
N/A

Mint!

I have an X850XTPE alongside a 3700 sandy with 2gb of ram so im hoping it will run fine on my sys.

Although im limited to 1280x1024 res Sad

Probably buy this next week, how much is it selling for?
N/A

I think you can get it on Amazon delivered for about £28.

You should get youself a an old 21" CRT, you can get them for peanuts now but they are still the best for big screen gaming hehe. Unless you hook yourself upto a monster TV heh.
N/A

Love too lol but i dont have the room for a CRT.

TFT's are catching up, not quite there but nearly, mine has a good spec so i dont have any problems with games anyway.

Thanks though, i will check Amazon Cool
N/A

Yeah my mate just bought a 19" widescreen TFT, have to admit they look tastey and this CRT is a big old hunk of junk when it comes to space saving lol. Its hanging over the edge of my desk Shockedops:

Although I got it for £25 as the guy wanted some space for his new TFTs he was selling lol.

The XTPE should most definately run this game at very similar settings to what I am on. At 1280 res you will probably find it will run much smoother out in the countryside with probably everything maxed. Not too clued up on the ATi range although I would say anything 6800GT+ should be able to max almost everything and be pretty smooth at the lower resolutions.

This game was so hyped people thought they needed 7900GTX SLi systems with a Dual Core processor to max it, man it must of come a shock when people were posting screenshots of it on their puny 6600's lol.
N/A

Yer those widescreen 19"ers look tasty, definitely something i will be upgrading to in the future.

Although I got it for £25 as the guy wanted some space for his new TFTs he was selling lol.

Hehe, always the way. Seems you got a bargain there though Cheesy
N/A

I have this game for PC and its great
N/A

Just bought it today from Virgin £34.99 Shockedops:

Installing now Cheesy
N/A

JUST about get things running lovely on a X800GTO2. Check out the forums, there are a couple of mods out there which add better texture detail and weather details. Not bad:

http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=327620
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=332756
http://www.elderscrolls.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=340261
Craigiusmaximus
Grafter

I have this game too im up playing it all night im sooooo tired when i have to get up for work!!!! :lol:
N/A

I tried out those mods gemsi, some are not too bad. I already had the LOD one on as the landscape was bugging me lol

I actually modded one of the houses myself so it would have some display cases, it looks pretty sweet now. The editor is pretty easy to use.
Discostoo
Grafter

I'm playing it on an ACER widescreen 19 tft,(bought from misco.co.uk £169.99) and its great. My response time is 8ms, and i wouldn't recommend going above that. I still use my 19 CRT on the other side of my desk when i;m *yawn* programming. as two screens are better than one my old pappy used to say (lie).

great game though, just great.
N/A

I haven't touched it! I find myself using Ableton Live 5 more than anything else recently. Nothing beats creating your own sounds!

I messed around with the ATi Tray Tools and I reckon I've got the settings in there ramped too hard for it to handle. Might set them to off and let Obv. settings do the work. I wondered why my performance went from pretty good to damn awful!

The 360 runs the game REALLY well apart from judder when loading and a christ awful initial loading time. The graphics are all ramped up apart from draw distances. So I can feel quite chufty having all the distance sliders whacked to full on my setup. Nothing beats not seeing rocks, walls and grass fade in as you walk around.

I could easily be tempted by a 360 although I'm always worried about the games catalogue. The old XB had naff all that was worthwhile. I'm saving for a LOVELY Samsung CRT HDTV (WS32Z409 ... and some other numbers) which is only £350. HD gaming on the cheap. Hopefully the CRT HDTV market will open up over here because I'm certainly not forking out £1k plus for the pleasure! Along with that, its looking increasingly likely that I'll grab me a PS3 to go along with that. Awful design aside, its always got the games that I dig. Only the ex-Final Fantasy bod designing for the 360 could sway me away. Plus the 360 games dipping in price below £40.