cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

N/A

Just had a SFF pc to take to gaming lan meetings, save carrying a pc that weighs in excess of 24kg with me.

Now I bought SCCT from a shop a couple of weeks ago (GENUINE CD) and friday, this SFF came with one, looked at the installation CD with both, and they are exactly the same, any ideas as to why, and yes the one with the new pc is genuine also?

Surely this would make copying the damn things extremely easy?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Err... what do you mean?
Copying CD's is easy yes.. even when copy protection is used it is normally trivial to bypass.
SCCT on the other hand is slighty harder to crack. it uses a new version of securom. A shame really because this makes it so you cant play on windows xp64bit.
N/A

Which misses the point of the post...what on earth are two genuine discs doing with the same cd key lol

I KNOW copying CD's are easy, have tried it myself, with my own genuine copies, not for piracy or money or anything, just to see how easy it is
N/A

oh, I see what he is saying now.. ya that is weird.
N/A

SCCT used Starforce protection, which uses a single key, as the key is used to match up against a checksum physically imprinted on the media, which then unlocks the main exe file.....Or was it the key was the checksum for the imprint on the CD?....Anyhoo...

You can see that this isn't an isolated case as a year or two back, Codemasters released a game called Soldiers: Heroes of World War Two, and the printers basically made a screw up of the CD key that came with the game, so they released the correct keys on their forums...I havn't found the original forum post (Sorry, just had a quick search), but I found another that sorta backs this up here.

Ah! Found it! It's here!

Hope this helps. Smiley
N/A

that explains a lot, cheers mate