cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Soul Reaver series

N/A

Soul Reaver series

Now who loved these?

I thought they were ace! The first had the engine of Tomb Raider but none of the clunky farting about that I've hated about that entire series. Loved the 'scourge of the vampires' plot that permiated it, didn't like the way it ended on a HUGE anticlimax as you finally caught up with Kain.

But then that was made WHOLLY worthwhile as the story took off in a huge way for Soul Reaver 2. I personally love talkie cut scenes and the 2nd game really twisted things around about the nature of the vampires and the role of Kain as 'Bad Guy'.

The Defiance game was top too, not so heavy on story as SR2, but still a nice conclusion to the Raziel story.

Personally I loved the scope of this game.
2 REPLIES
N/A

Soul Reaver series

Never could get into the Soul Reaver games. I much prefered The Legacy Of Kain for story and level layout.
N/A

Soul Reaver series

Is that the Legacy of Kain game that was before Soul Reaver? I seem to recall that was an RTS game. I never did get my hands on the Kain game that came after SR2. I DID catch Defiance though, but I classify that as a Soul Reaver game since it kicked off after Soul Reaver 2's events and provided the conclusion to Raziel's story...