cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Leasing

N/A

Server Leasing

It would be great if Plus net leased out games servers for there customers! i want a 16 player battlefield vietnam server ... any chance plus net will move into this other market any time soon Tongue
7 REPLIES
N/A

Server Leasing

This is somthing that is asked at the rate of once a month.

PlusNet are not moving into the server rental market any time soon, as it does not fit within there business plan.

The cost of such a business has an amazing setup cost these days, and I sure as ehll would not want stinging in my subscription fees to subsidise this.
N/A

Server Leasing

Ok, well that's a small shame, i have never seen a plus net server ever on Battlefield 1942 + Vietnam ... it says the BFV one is 40 player yet it never appeasr on the dedicated servers list :? I will try to join it via IP one day Smiley Are they exclusive the plus net Users ?
N/A

Server Leasing

They are public servers.

I will contact the admin, and see if we can find out why it isn't listed on the master servers.

There have been known game bugs to cause this in the past.
jberry
Grafter

Server Leasing

Hi there,

The person you want to get in touch with about this is eurotrain4. He posts quite a bit in the forums so if you PM him I am sure he will look into the problem with the server listing.

I will have a look if needs be but I don't know the first thing about BF* really (other than how to install the server).

Regards,
N/A

Server Leasing

Hey guys,

The mysterious dedicated server issue is one I've been looking into, and have just about to post a message on the official distribution site. It seems that in some clients it shows as dedicated, but in the majority (including ASE, GameSpy, etc.) it either shows as dedicated "2", "0", or "No".

In the mean time, if you remove or untick the "dedicated server only" filter from your games listing client, then you will see the 2 PlusNet Battlefield servers - one running a mixture of 1942 and DC maps, the other running Vietnam.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions, or if you need help adjusting this filter temporarily.

Thanks,
N/A

Server Leasing

Okey doke,

The 1.02 linux dedicated server patch has now been released which should fix the ASE problem (fingers crossed). The client patch (~17mb) has just been released by EA aswell - no download links yet.

I'll be updating the Vietnam server in a few hours time - so from then on you'll require the latest client patch to play on it.
jberry
Grafter

Server Leasing

The file has been put on the gamefile repository now for anyone that wants it. Cool

Regards,