Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rubbish pings on BF"2? Tonight.

jagger
Grafter

Anyone else got problems?

Like 2 double figure pings and the rest in the high 200's.
22 REPLIES
N/A

200+ pings on AA as well grrrrrrrrrr
jagger
Grafter

there's a thread in the community whining section I just noticed about this.

3 pages long,and the natives are revolting. Wink
N/A

Screenshot

[Moderator's note by Mark (pcsni): Changed screenshot to url as the image was way too big for these boards]
N/A

thank god i thought i was on my own on this one. best ping all night was 94 odd on an empty server Sad ...on a 2mb connection.
will look at the other community stuff to see whats happening.
tmyles
Grafter

Yeah same problem here, thought I was going nuts! Counterstrike: source is running at 12 ping which is normal, BF:2 is at 160 + (normally at around 17) - Is this a Plusnet thing? Other peeps from the uk don't seem to be having this problem..
N/A

190 ping on BF2 tonite :? had to re-con bb a few times to sort it.
tmyles
Grafter

paco2k5, to re-con bb you mean reboot your router/modem? My pings are still shockin'

Cheers

P.S. Anyone know the cause of this prob?
N/A

i have seen that rebooting router / reconnecting modem until you get on a different gateway seems to solve the problem.
I have tried reconnecting modem several times last night with a good few minutes in between connects, and not managed to get pings under 180ms.
This is really starting to suck - I'm having to spend time with the wife in the evenings!! :shock:
tmyles
Grafter

Is there anyway we can get the nice peeps at Plus.net to check this problem out for us at all?
Firejack
Grafter

Plus.net are already aware of the problem and are attempting to find the cause. Does seem likely to me at least its to do with their traffic management systems since my ping improved massively from 185ms to 21ms when I was on just before and after midnight.
tmyles
Grafter

Awesome, thanks Firejack Cheesy
N/A

paco2k5, to re-con bb you mean reboot your router/modem? My pings are still shockin'

Yea sorry, i had to reconnect my broadband a few times to get my ping down, seem to work for me.

Hope this rubbish get sorted soon :x
N/A

Its nothing to de with rebooting your P.C or router / modem. Only Plusnet can cure this. It is their problem and they have at least admitted this to me which is refreshing in itself.

I run a BF2 server rented from multiplay and until 3 days ago i pinged 14 to 18,
now I ping 150 to 220 to the same server. I phoned Plusnet and refreshingly the man was honest and said " ah BF2 we are aware of the problem but it is NOT traffic management " .

Nice though it was to here the truth , i have had this problem for 3 days now and I am now unable to properly manage my own server as if i play i lag the server out ! charming with my 2 meg connection.

I have been very happy with Plusnet and im not just being silly when i say i will give them till Monday at the latest then I have to switch as I need to be able to play BF2 and my current Plusnet connection is now seriously hampering me.

P.S If you play BF2 SF visit my server which is
Killing Field Special Forces 85.236.100.37:16667 and say HI !!!

This server is on its own dedicated amd Duel core box and is superb.

Yours Mas aka ' mallosserman '
Killing Field head admin
N/A

My first gaming session after moving to Plusnet and it was terrible. Pings of 200+ and also some disconnects. I hope this isn't the norm Sad