cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTCW - ET

StanderBy
Dabbler

RTCW - ET

Been playing RTCW ET on the Plus-net servers, i notice the servers only show up on the in game list when my version of the game has not been patched. Does this mean that Plus-Net server's need to be patched also? if this is the case, are there any plans for the game server to be up dated?

thanks in advance
11 REPLIES
StanderBy
Dabbler

RTCW - ET

any mods know about this?
N/A

E.T servers

:shock: ive tried to play on the plusnet servers a few times now when they r not to busy, and keep getting the same message, Error, protocol mismatch between server and client, server or client running incompatible versions of the game press auto update, but there is no auto update, i play E.T on a daily basis been in a clan for a few months played on loads or servers with clan battle settings and never had any problems, so whats up with the plusnet servers. oh and if its a patch will it prevent me from playing on the Etpro servers i normally play on?
StanderBy
Dabbler

RTCW - ET

HI, you are getting this msg because your version of the game is 1.2, the version Plusnet host is 1.0. There is no update patch for you to update from the Plusnet server because it can't take you back to version 1.0.

What would be nice to hear is when Plusnet is going to update their servers so everyone can update there version of the game to the latest patch of 1.2.

Thanx

Ps After i updated to version 1.2 i could not play on Plusnets servers getting the same error msg as urself, i uninstalled game and installed it again without the update and now am able to play there again.
jberry
Grafter

RTCW - ET

Hi there,

The server is going to be moved to the 1.2 patch when it is migrated to its new hardware (some time on the next couple of weeks). The player limit will go up at the same time and pings / lag problems should drop .

Regards,
StanderBy
Dabbler

RTCW - ET

Thanx for reply Josh, will be looking forward to it. While playing here now i am getting a ping rate of about 30-35 so if that is going to improve i'll be most happy Smiley
BattleRat
Grafter

server upgrades

it aint just the ET 1.02 patch that is needed.
There are many other benefits to be gained by installing ETPRO 3.0.1 from bani.
that mod deals with cheats and abusive players without intervention from a referee or server admin.

How about installing TC_base too, that is a map ported from RtCW and is also one of the clanbase official match maps now

...and while we are at it, why not make a 7 map campaign for the 7 official maps. with XP save enabled.

if you cant do it..I know I man that can Cheesy
N/A

RTCW - ET

i play this game too...a LOT!
but i never come across plus.net servers...
StanderBy
Dabbler

RTCW - ET

Here http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?IUKueONqJiE%3D
sounds like to me you have installed the patch then, linux2000 is the ETPro still a free game to play? i can't really warrant the cost as i not play it that often now
BattleRat
Grafter

RTCW - ET

yep, ETPRO is free, it is simply a mod that adds the missing functionality of the game for server admins and players alike.
DL it from http://cgi.linux2000.plus.com and drop it into your enemy-territory root directory, the directory should be named etpro.
To enable it on a server edit your startup script to read +set fs_game etpro
clients do not need to do anything[/url]
BattleRat
Grafter

RTCW - ET

BTW, your games file repository is down PlusNet
BattleRat
Grafter

RTCW - ET

Here http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?IUKueONqJiE%3D

look at that URL!

no wonder nobody can find the game servers