cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punkbuster kicks when playing farcry

N/A

Hi,

I play quite a bit of Farcry multiplayer and keep getting kicked by Punkbuster for 1 of 3 errors, these are: -

Losing Key Packets
PB Client Authentication
General PB Init Failure.

These sound like comms failures, is anybody else suffering from these and if so what did u do about it, and on broadband with a 512k link through a netgear DG814 router. have replaced the router with a modem and still get the same kicks, have also swapped out the network card for a known good one.

Cheers for any help advice you can give.
Tash,
12 REPLIES
hillers
Grafter

Try going to www.evenbalance.com, punkbusters website and re-download and install punkbuster into the pb directory in farcry.
N/A

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

Have tried downloading and then running the PBWEB file from the evenbalance site (done from the farcry PB directory), but am still getting kicked on a regular basis.

Cheers
Tash,
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Don't know if it's a PB issue then as I see a lot of kicks for Key Packet Loss over the last couple of days on Americas Army.

Maybe a common problem?
N/A

No Idea, I've seen quite a lot of people kicked for all of the 3 errors I'm getting, not sure how to pin this down though, am wondering if my connection is at fault somewhere?

Tash,
N/A

I have had same problem with one server on BF DC game, its a comms error in my opinon too! punkbuster not connecting to update/confirm!
N/A

Cool, been searching on the internet, but there doesn't seem to be much
out there, a lot of people seem to suggest using the PB_SECURITY 0 command but that hasn't helped either...... Sad
N/A

Not sure where to go with this now, should I ask plusnet to look at my line?
hillers
Grafter

Have you tried emailing the punkbuster support people at;

Support@evenbalance.com

but have to checked in the console to see what version of pb is running and do you have the latest patch installed.
N/A

Yes am patched up to Farcry version 1.31

I raised a call ticket with evenbalance and they responded saying to try updating PB as wit was not working correctly, after I informed them I had done this they suggested using the PB_Security 0 setting every time i played, have been trying this but am still getting kicked.

I responded saying the PB_SECURITY 0 hadnt worked for me, and they have not responded since Sad

Have checked the console and am running PB version V1.135 / A1335
which according to the evenbalance site is the latest verson.

Thanks
Tash,
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Only other thing I could suggest is a clean install of the game.

Make sure to delete any Farcry folders that are left at the end.
N/A

Sounds like a plan, Ill give it a go over the weekend and post a reply next week about how i get on.

Smiley
Thanks
Tash,
N/A

Have now installed farcry from scratch (making sure all folders deleted), and am still getting the same problem Sad

I asked evenbalance if it was my internet connection, however they say there is a problem between farcry and PB which is causing this problem.

This would appear to be the case as I also play America's army which has PB but I don't get kicked from there.........................

Tash,