cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Punkbuster Problem

N/A

Punkbuster Problem

Anyone here play BF1942 DC online?

I go onto different servers, all punkbuster enabled, and have no problems at all. If my PB needs updating, it does it automatically through the gameplay.

Mortal Souls server is brilliant, the owners very fair etc, but each time I join them, it says my PB is out of date, and refuses to update it, so I get booted.

I dont cheat, I hate cheating/hacks etc, and don't go on servers that do not have PB enabled, any ideas why this is happening on one paticular server.

If anyone wants to check/try their server, the details are

195.177.245.67:14567

I used to have no problems at all playing on there. But last couple of days, no luck whatsoever?
6 REPLIES
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Punkbuster Problem

Don't know if it applies but I've seen the same sort of thing in Americas Army where the server you go on actually has an older PB than you're running.

I type pb_security 0 in console to sort it. Don't know if that command will work for you in BF1942.
N/A

Punkbuster Problem

took a screeny and a couple of notes, take a look, it does look like the server is running an old version

Okay, every time I go onto the mortal souls DC server, I get kicked by punkbuster, so tonight i took a screeny and wrote some notes, anyone got any idea from the below why I am getting booted, it happens on no other server...

Kicked via punkbuster wrong version. Version required (A1331 C1.126)

screen piccy here, as far as I can tell with this, its the server that is running an OLD version of PB!

Mortal Souls

How Do i find out which version of PB I am running?
niterider
Grafter

Punkbuster Problem

you should just be able to update the version

take a look here http://www.punkbuster.com/index.php?page=dl-bf1942.php update manually.

hope it helps.
N/A

Punkbuster Problem

mine is up to date, or I would have been kicked off more servers?
niterider
Grafter

Punkbuster Problem

sometimes the servers PB is not kept up-to-date.Like davebroon said it happened in Americas Army.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Punkbuster Problem

If you're only kicked of the one server, then it's down to that server admin to update the server PB files.

You'll undoubtedly be running the latest version of PB. Could you go to their website and ask them to update?

Does pb_security 0 not work then?