cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ps2 DMZ UDP ERROR 519/179 ??

5unz

I have been trying to get online for ages with my ps2 before i had 1mb connection but dident have the network codes...
Now i have the 8mb plus net package and network codes...

It connects no problems, dns fine etc then says testing udp port and fails saying error 519/179

I see on the main page it has a cross (X) next to gaming for the 8mb 1gb deal Sad
is there anyway i can upgrade with out upgrading the mb usage...
i dont want to be paying the £15 a month charge as i wanted to test the ps2 online and see how many people are on there...??

Just seems weird i dident think they would be able to block online gaming through the phone line :lol:
2 REPLIES
Aterlatus
Grafter

I'm fairly sure they don't stop you from playing, but you'd have to expect pretty high latency because the priority of gaming traffic on option 1 is pretty low.

The error you're getting is to do with hosting games so far as I can see - you need to set up your router to forward the right UDP port if you want to host games, but you should still be able to join without trouble.
clockley
Grafter

Hi,

If you do upgrade to option 2 and don't like it, you can downgrade pretty much straight away. As long as you spend 30 days on a package, you can chop and change as many times as you like.

Hope this helps.

Carl L