cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems to get list of Americas Army servers

N/A

I have problems when trying to get the list of AA game servers any time between 4:00 pm and midnight. Before 4 or after midnight it works very well so I know all of the necessary TCP and UDP ports are open.

Between 4 and midnight it starts to download the list of AA game servers and either times out downloading 0 bytes or gets to 420 bytes and then times out.

The problem appears to only be with the AA browser as I can connect to a game server using the "open [ipaddress]" command in the console. Between 4 and midnight I have to go to the AA-MBS web site, get the IP address of a number of servers and then switch to Americas Army and manually try and "open" a connection to each one (and hope that they didn't fill up in the mean time).

Anyone else got the same problem?
3 REPLIES
GersFans
Grafter

What your experiencing is a buggy browser that just aint working right, and yes connection is having an effect but not so much.

You should start by changing the server browser to gamespy,log in to the game and look under Game options, you will see you have a choice of which Browser to use. Change it to gamespy, this will eliminate the missing server problem completely. [Though you then lose the buddies options..its a trade of i'm afraid.]

Login - Main Menu - Settings - Game - Browser choice is on the right hand side.

PS.

Your lucky you can get a connection to AA, I can't get passed the authorization because it comes back saying my internet connection is down...more bloody port blocking no doubt. I need to wait until after midnight before logging on, then its all fine and bloody dandy again...suprise...
N/A

Filters

By default the browser searches for all servers which during peak times can be just too many and it times out.

Try using the search and filters and filter for servers of interest, eg UK and Honour only and the search will come back reasonably quickly with a list of more appropriate servers.

Hope this helps.
N/A

PS.

Your lucky you can get a connection to AA, I can't get passed the authorization because it comes back saying my internet connection is down...

I was having the same problem - as soon as I started AA it would not Log me on so I couldn't do anything but there is a simple way around that problem...

* Start AA and wait until it says it can't Log you on then
* go to the console (press the tilda key)
* type "open" followed by the IP address of the AA Game server you wish to join.
* To get the IP address of the game server you wish to join, open a web browser and go to http://www.aa-mbs.com/ and search for the server or map of your choice.

Since then things have definitely improved for me anyway, I can usually sign on. But now I use this method most of the time as it is quicker, easier and more reliable than going through the games menus.