cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems hosting game counter strike source dedicated server

N/A

I sometimes run a counter strike server for myself and my mates to have a game on.... this worked fine for months when i was with ntl, but when i moved to plusnet i couldn't seem to get the server working.

Earlier last week i had a re-verifyed the settings (changing nothing) and my server worked!!! HOORAY. I tested it for a bit myself and was quite happy with it.

I left it until yesterday, and went to play a game with one of my mates and servers doesnt work again.

What i mean by doesn't work is..... start dedicated server, then get message : "Could not establish connection to Steam servers".

I can see the game on steam, and join it..... but it gets so far then kicks me as it can't connect to the steam auth server to verify my steamId.

Now, not to point any fingers...... but are plusnet blocking my communication with the steam serversHuh??

Does anyone else successfully run a steam dedicated serverHuh
5 REPLIES
N/A

Hey gordonby, never tried it myself but wouldnt mind trying. Give me details of how I should set that up and I will go for it and let you know.
N/A

found out what the problem was Shockedops:

was running peerGuardian and that was blocking some outgoing udp requests :twisted:
N/A

can you email me with details on how I would set that up for me and a few mates then please?Huh
N/A

http://www.steampowered.com/?area=getsteamnow

under Dedicated Server
click Windows HLDS Update Tool

Download it and follow the instructions it comes with

On your router open UDP ports 27000 through 27015.
UberMensch
Grafter

i use the non-steam one Smiley