cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ati x800 pro

N/A

My brother just recently got a ati x800 pro from over clockers. Installed the lastest drivers etc. But hes playing games and it shows this white fuzzness its werid. Is the card faulty or is there just a problem some were else.
16 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What PSU size is he running. Those cards require a lot of power I believe (especially if there is a separate 4 pin power connector on it) so the PSU has to be able to deliver it.

Does the problem occur in all games or just some - could be a driver problem so try different versions (old and new and see if the problem remains or not.
N/A

Happens in game on half life 2 and far cry. His psu is 350 watt i think. I downloaded him the new drivers etc but no luck
Community Veteran

HL2 is a new game so there may still be some issues with the drivers. Try some of the older ones or generic ATI ones and see if the problem goes away or not. Failing that you may need to search google to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
N/A

I hear there is some werid things going on with half life 2 and there is a patch coming out for it unless its out. We have just installed the drivers that came with the card and it seems ok for now. Thanks for the advice
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

1. drivers for all ATI have to be fully reinstalled, they can not be upgraded or files can be left behind from the previous versions causing issues with graphics in games. So first do this.

• Uninstall the drivers
  • Reboot Not installing any other drivers so cancel the windows auto install/search for them
  • Use Drivercleaner 2.0 etc to make sure there gone.
  • Then install the drivers

2. 350 watt for for a X800 isn't enough, unless its one of the True power rated PSU's. He got a good card but has to have a good PSU so could be it as well, so get him to hit the January sales for a better one.

3. failing those 2 could just be a bad card, try it on some else's pc that has good enough PSU etc for it and see if it still happens., if it does then get on to OCUK asap for a replacement as they can be Slow
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

We tried it on my computer first when he got it and i have a 450 watt psu. According to him he says it was doing it on mine to. But i am not sure.

Thanks for the advice

Ps how do i get the rma number from over clockers do i ring them upHuhHuh
hillers
Grafter

what do you mean by fuzziness? I have a Powercolor x800xt and have not experienced this whilst playing these games. The 350 watt PSU should be fine since it recommends 300 watts. It might be that the card is faulty, but contact the card manuacturer as they might be able to help.
N/A

I have a Sapphire Radeon X800T and no probs whatsoever, it runs off a 400w psu, half life, everything is sweet at max res etc, but I use the omega drivers, not the ATI ones, but that said, did not have this problem with ATI drivers, I would contact OCUK back and ask for replacement
N/A

Well i tried it on mine after he kept saying try it. And it did it on mine. Its like a bit white thing covering the screen but you can still see objects etc. Its gone back now and gonna be replaced with the 6800 gt overall a better card i hear
N/A

What type of monitor is he using? if its a DVI it may be the same problem I had. This helped me sort mine out.

I have heard high end Nvidia cards are as temperamental as the Radeons if not more so.
N/A

Well when it was tested on his he was using a 17inch crt aoc monitor. Then he got a new monitor as his was rubbish. He go a 19inch lcd lg 12ms monitor. Then he used it on my 19ich crt then my 17inch lcd. Everyone same problem. Still no news from over clockers they dont answer there phone
N/A

lo, im surprised to hear your having problems with overclockers, i have used them for over a year now with no complaints, most recent purchase was a 6600GT £140 excellent card excellent price delivered next day. Only thing left to try that u havnt mentioned is check your PCI slots, if the one next the the AGP slot is being used, try removing whatever is there, (some mobo's share the power to both AGP and PCI slots) and make sure the card is not on a shared power connection, hope it works.
N/A

But the X800 has its own power plug, would it still draw power from the board?
hillers
Grafter

The x800 graphics cards draw power from both the board and the power plug so it can produce the resolution graphics