cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with CS

N/A

Problem with CS

I keep getting these lag spikes which occur every 10-15 secs and last for about 2 secs each time.

I noticed that a message pops up in the top right hand corner saying CL_flushentitypacket. It happens on every server I go on.

This problem only started after I got my connection back from the fire which happened in Manchester City Centre last week and I had not experienced it before in the 2 1/2 years I have been with plusnet.

I'm pretty sure the problem has something to do with the ISP side.
Please help as it is really annoying not being able to play.

Cheers
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Problem with CS

CS?
N/A

Problem with CS

CounterStrike
jberry
Grafter

Problem with CS

Hi there,

Have you noticed any other problems (with browsing, packetloss etc) and do you play any other online games so you can see if they are also affected (a problem that only affects CS is very unlikely to be on our side).

Try running an extended ping using WinMTR (you can get it here) to both a UK games server that you play on and to somewhere which is going to be rock solid like http://mirror.ac.uk - do you see any packetloss etc?

Regards
N/A

Problem with CS

OK

I have done what you said and run WinMTR. From what I can see, there is no packet loss and everything sent is received.
jberry
Grafter

Problem with CS

Hi there,

The fault is listed here if you want further information. You may want to try tweaking the game as per the FAQ there - this may not be the original cause of the problem but could be a solution.

These tweaks are for a MTU / packet fragmentation problem as this can cause all sorts of weird problems (and you may be routing through different BT kit following the Manchester problem. This can be done using DrTCP - I would search in the ADSL forum for posts on tweaking for further information on this and choose those settings over the ones listed on the site linked above.

EDIT: Try this page for more information on tweaking your connection.

Regards,