cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

N/A

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

Ok, i got my PS2 set up ages ago and never bothered to ask you guys about this before.

Basically i got an A220 PCI modem u guys gave me with an ADSL home package. I use a NIC and crossover cable to my PS2 network adaptor.

This works fine with games with servers like... Star wars battlefront

However, if used on a game like fifa 2004, because im connecting to one person only, and the ps2 is assigned a private IP, it won't let me connect.

I read about it somewhere (can't find it now) but never really understood what i could do to fix the problem.

Is there a way to get round this or do i HAVE to buy a router?
I heard if i get another ip from you guys i can assign it to the PS2 it will work, is this true too? If so is that additional IP free?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

[edit] found the site where i read about it now but still stuck
uk.playstation.com
EAUK

[Moderator's note by Chris (Eurotrain4): Links edited as they were stretching the screen]
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

Basically all you need to do is find out what ports the game uses, and set them as Open via ICS to the PS2. But ICS is not the best for gaming as some games won't work via it, i.e. games that use the Directx Directplay ports 2300-2400.

So in the end you will probably have to get a router eventually, then you could just set thePS2 to a IP in DMZ, where it bypasses the routers protection completely and not have to worry about this. But don't do that for a pc without a software firewall.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

if i stick with the ICS for the moment, I presume i would have to open the ports via my firewall (which is agnitium outpost pro btw)

but even if i do that, i think the ps2 still need a public ip because the way i understand it is that because it currently has a private ip, other users can't connect to me.

Any other ideas?
Community Veteran

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

No you need to open the ports for each game in ICS itself as well as your software firewall.
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
N/A

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

ok so how do i open ports within ICS ?

<edit> I presume i goto control panel, open network connections, right click my adsl connection goto advanced, settings, then add the following ports :

TCP 13505: this is used by BuddyList/IM server
TCP 10400 - 10499
TCP 443: used to access Sony DNAS server. This is a standard https port
UDP 3658/3659: these are the main game ports
UDP 6000/6001: VOIP ports

As shown Here

Please can you verify this
Community Veteran

Port Forwarding - ICS ?

I've only used win2000 Pro's ICS and not XP's, so some settings might be in different locations.

Network and Dial-up Connections, there get into the Properties of you Modem dialup icon and select the ICS section[it's tab is called Sharing in 2kPro]. In that section you should have an option/s to add Applications and Services, add the ports in Services making sure you add the LAN IP of your PS2 as the Server computer on the network.