cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port 6112

N/A

Port 6112

Hi I'm having some issues with port 6112 being NAT'd even though all the firewall's I have enabled are allowing it through.

I was wondering if this is a general issues with PlusNet NAT'ing rules on it's core routers, or a specific problem with my set up.

I've checked my router and modified it to allow other ports through (6500 for example) but 6112 seems to be NAT'd no matter what I do.

I've searched the forums but there doesn't seem to be any resolution for the other problems experienced.

Regards

Rob.
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Port 6112

Port 6112 is not one of the known ports blocked by PlusNet (detailed here), so I don't know why you are having problems using it.

Not sure I fully undersand what you mean by 'NAT'd' though? Did you really mean blocked?
N/A

Port 6112

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the quick reply.

Basically I've got a game which communicates on 6112. Currently I'm getting a message from a port tester saying that this port is NAT'd. It's not blocked just NAT'd.

I'd like to be able to open up this port to allow traffic through. I've changed my router for other NAT's to allow it through but 6112 seems to be out of my control! Even when I update the NAT rules it's still NAT'd so I'm presuming it's up steam from my hardware?

Regards

Rob
N/A

Port 6112

what router are you using?
N/A

Port 6112

Nice stormtrooper....
N/A

Port 6112

what router are you using?

SAR130 which I've followed the instructions for on Portforward. Got the other ports working fine just 6112 now!

I'll try putting my PC into the DMZ temporarily to see if that resolves the issue.

Alternately I have another router to try as well.
N/A

Port 6112

Nice stormtrooper....

:?:
Community Veteran

Port 6112

It was his avatar which has since been removed due to being too big I suspect (or too rude)
N/A

Port 6112

It was a stormtrooper in a carpark. Which was nice.
N/A

Port 6112

Yes, it was a storm trooper in a car park, but must have caused offence to the Politically Correct pansies on the forum.

Did this work with it in the DMZ? I am guessing when it says port 6112 is natted, it generally means the port is there but is "closed" - ie, it is not accepting connections to forward the port to.
Community Veteran

Port 6112

I don't really understand the term nat'd. A port can be open (connection requests are accepted), closed (connection requests are rejected) or stealthed (no reply is given to a connection request).

What does the following test show (you need to run this when the game is running so there is something waiting for connections):

https://www.grc.com/x/portprobe=6112

Also if you have a software firewall, temporarily disable it to see if it is blocking the connection.
N/A

Port 6112

Hi guys, sorry been away from PC for a while..

Ok the DMZ part hasn't been tested as yet as I cannot configure the router with a DMZ at present. I might just try another router I have floating around the house.

NAT'ing is where you take an address or port and redirect it to another port or address with out the system really noticing.

For example in my case I use port 6112 but as it goes through the router it gets NAT'd (redirected) to another port say 6400 (not saying it is that though!). This stops forced connections through the system most of the time but does limit what you can do with IP traffic.

I've tried disabling the software firewall to no avail. It's strange as all the other ports specified are fine.

Time to get out the other router I feel.
N/A

Port 6112

Are you sure you've set up your computer with a static ip?
N/A

Port 6112

Indeed - either set it up with a static IP, or set a DHCP reservation so it always gets handed the same IP, and then just forward 6112 to that IP. Check if it's TCP 6112 or UDP 6112 as well.

Also make sure the PC with the IP address your forwarding has the firewall properly configured to accept TCP connections from "trusted" devices on your local LAN (ie, your router)
N/A

Port 6112

Sorry not been around over xmas period. yeah the PC has a static IP address and the ports are meant to be forwarded through from the external fixed to the internal fixed.