cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnets kaillera server being ruined

N/A

Me and a friend was going through gauntlet 2 for hours got so far through it, then this guy named "CRiMiNaL" joins and quits our mames and laughs at us. Isnt there any way you guys can ban people that do that? Its happened multiple times not and its really ruining it for everyone, I just want to get a knife and stab them all. Why doesnt someone mod the server?
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

a few questions you will be asked:

1. which server
2. at what time
3. and quits our mames eh? kills / disconnects you?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
jberry
Grafter

There is a fundamental problem with Kaillera that you can do nothing about:

1. There are a number of exploits out that allow people (read [censored]tards) to either crash the server or disconnect all the clients.
2. The guy who wrote it is not willing to work on fixing it (too busy apparently - he is one of the programmers for Winamp as well).
3. The said same guy is unwilling to open-source the code and therefore allow the vast number of volunteers in the OS community to fix it.

The server crash I can get around by putting an auto restart script on it but it still means everyone getting kicked off. Unfortunately, in this situation we are out of luck and this is the reason that kaillera will gradually die away - which is a shame because its great Sad

Regards,
N/A

a few questions you will be asked:

1. which server
2. at what time
3. and quits our mames eh? kills / disconnects you?

Yes theres some hack going round that allows people to join an already running game, go to the in game menu and run the quit command. If only the guy that made kaillera would fix it up, hell id even pay him to do it I play loads of emulators on it.
plusnetsux
Grafter

hi does anyone know if the kaillera server is still running? if it is what is the IP address? there is an open source kaillera in development called okai.. so that should hopefully sort out the bugs and exploits in the existing version when its finished.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/okai/

if any1 wants to play street fighter 2 pm me for a game.
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

The Kaillera server is running on 212.159.6.201 and appears to be up fine. I will look into the replacement when I get the chance as there are far too many exploits out for kaillera to work correctly.

Regards,
plusnetsux
Grafter

thanks for the reply
i cannot connect to the server on that IP... it pings OK so something must be running on it..
do you know if it is running on the default kaillera port of 27888, and if not what is the port?
thanks
ap.
plusnetsux
Grafter

any one ?