cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Servers

N/A

PlusNet Servers

I was wondering if plusnet have any servers for enemy territory? when i first started playing it i saw quite afew plus servers in the list but cant find any now.

8 REPLIES
N/A

PlusNet Servers

As per the thread at the top of the Games forum

Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory: Campaign - 212.159.6.195:27960
Standard Mapcycle : 20 Player : Running Punkbuster
Castle Wolfenstein Enemy Territory: ETPro - 212.159.6.212:27960
7 Map Campaign Cycle : 18 Player : Running Punkbuster and ETPro mod
mike001
Grafter

PlusNet Servers

Interesting....both on the same port! :-)

Moderators note (John) quote of entire content from previous post removes as its just not needed.
michaelscott
Grafter

PlusNet Servers

That's because theyre on different servers
mike001
Grafter

PlusNet Servers

How dose that work then...i am the admin for the quake3 server....and the ET ET pro and the quake3 servers are all on the same box!

Moderators note (John) Full quote from previous post removed again.
N/A

PlusNet Servers

They can be on the same box, but have different IPs assigned to each server. For the BF1942 and BFV servers it is one physical server, but has both of the gameservers running on it, binded to separate IPs.
mike001
Grafter

PlusNet Servers

that is like saying put every thing on the same port....dose not make sence

The port will be taking a lot of trafic.....ie the two servers will get lag....or dose it not work like that!

Moderators note (John) Complete quote removed from the previous post for the third time.
N/A

PlusNet Servers

It doesn't work like that.

An IP address is like a phone line, and ports are like peope. You can call 1 IP address, and speak to multiple ports.

However, just like one location can have mroe than one phone number, a machine can have more than one IP.

Lag is based on connection and system speed. If the system is upto hosting three games, then it isn't an issue. If a connection is upto it (which PlusNets is more than capable), than that isn't an issue.

In the above cases, you may note the IP addresses are different, that is why the ports can be the same. If they where on the same IP, then it would have to be different ports.
N/A

PlusNet Servers

Hey
acarr you are so full of knowledge its not true, just wish you would type a little slower, or check yer spelling before you posted :!: Tongue