Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Call of Duty Server Online!

jberry
Grafter

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that we now have a Call of Duty server up and running and ready for public use Smiley

For those of you that don't know, Call of Duty is the latest fps offering from Activision and Infinity ward and is a world war two game similar to Medal of Honour - and has been very highly rated thus far. Personally I love it and would recommend it to anyone.

The server is currently 20 players and runs the search and destroy gametype. It is available on the following details:

212.159.6.206:28961

The server is also available through all good server browsers such All Seeing Eye and Gamespy with the name pA'-Pseudo Amity *public* sponsored by plus.net (pA' is the clan that looks after our moh servers but under a new name). Please note that this replaces the objective based Medal of Honour game as this is not used very much these days.

As this game is very new I am not exactly sure of the optimum settings so would welcome any feedback (good or bad) either here or by e-mail to jberry@plus.net.

Enjoy!
9 REPLIES
N/A

You run a Call of Duty server (reasonably new game, unknown popularity) but you don't run a Battlefield 1942 one (older game, VERY popular)? Wink

Oh well, good to see PlusNet are keeping up with new games.
jberry
Grafter

The reason that I have gone straigth for CoD is that the clan thats runs the Medal of Honour servers are moving games and I would rather keep them here helping me out than have them leave.

I am sure that CoD will become popular - its just a matter of time.
N/A

I'm not having a go or anything, I think it's great the plusnet offer games servers (especially after bygames shutdown), and I agree, CoD looks set to be HUGE!
N/A

Just tried the new server,

Disappointed to see that it is passworded already. When i tried there were only three people on the server(capacity 20). come on uys what about letting the rest of us in on the fun.

ps why can't i get smilies as an icon.

sorry about the winge
N/A

I would have to admit there Josh, 9 in 10 times I have attempted to use the MOH server it has been passworded.

I understand what time you can put in, even wrose when you would have to put in just as much tiem to monitor any helpers you recruited. On that basis you have found offering clans to help out.

The problem here is that they ar ebeing advertised as for the customer base of PlusNet, and more often than not, the customer base can't use them.
jberry
Grafter

HI there,

What time did you try to get on? I was playing for several hours yesterday and it wan't password protected. Anyway, they are looking to get a seperate server for matches in order to eliviate this problem but I have no info on that as yet.

And just for you I'll have another bash and getting hardware for a BF1942 server - although I ain't going to promise anything.

Regards,
N/A

That's very nice of you! Be very useful if there was, I have no good servers to hang out on at the moment.

Oh, and if you need someone to admin the server, you know who to call Cheesy
N/A

any chance of putting the crk realism mod on... Cheesy Cheesy
N/A

Instead of FPS that are require no brains .. how about a H&D2 server .. bit more tactical and another game that will be huge. And if you need help In setting up I am sure I can oblige.