cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet C&C Renegade Server Launch

N/A

PlusNet C&C Renegade Server Launch

You may have caught wind of the C&C Renegade server that we are setting up from previous posts here in this forum. We did have it up and running but due to some hardware problems had to take it offline again.

Well, after rebuilding and reinstalling the server it is now back up and running - although it is still really in the testing phase.

The server is online now and available to play on through GameSpy - called "PlusNet Test Server". If you want to know the server address it is stella.games.plus.net.uk or 212.159.6.206:4848.

What we really need now is feedback from you on how it plays this time (as we don't own enough legitimate copies of the game to stress test it ourselves). So please give it a go and let us know how it goes either here in this forum or to the contact e-mail address which is shown in message of the day when you join the server.

We look forward to your feedback (and possibly owning you).

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry.......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
10 REPLIES
Firejack
Grafter

RE: PlusNet C&C Renegade Server Launch

Hello Josh,

Been playing around on the Renegade server today via GameSpy and have a few points to make Smiley .

Not many people seem to join the server - 6 was the most people I saw playing. Guess its because of the servers name "PlusNet TEST Server" the test part of the name tends to put people off. I know I try and avoid test servers whenever possible.

Also you need to add more Maps to the cycle list. You only have setup one Map on the list. Strange since last time you had the server up, there were loads. Guess it was just a mistake. An easy oversight for me to understand considering your above post was from 04:25 this morning :lol Little sleepy while setting up the server were we :p ?

Finally, around 14:50 the server quit for no reason. Not sure what to make of that. It just kicked everyone off Sad Someone switch off the server?

Later,

Andrew.
jberry
Grafter

> Not many people seem to join the server - 6 was the most people I saw playing. Guess its because of the servers name "PlusNet TEST Server" the test part of the name tends to put people off. I know I try and avoid test servers whenever possible.

Yeah, I may change this pretty soon. It only takes 2 second so thats not a problem but I have to kill the server to do it so will wait until the wee hours of the morning.

> Also you need to add more Maps to the cycle list. You only have setup one Map on the list. Strange since last time you had the server up, there were loads. Guess it was just a mistake. An easy oversight for me to understand considering your above post was from 04:25 this morning :lol Little sleepy while setting up the server were we :p ?

The map cycle should be on.... but seems to be stuck. Oh well, I will look at the config files later tonight. I did set it up at 4am so maybe I did it wrong.

> Finally, around 14:50 the server quit for no reason. Not sure what to make of that. It just kicked everyone off Sad Someone switch off the server?

> Nope, didn't switch it off. Not sure why it would have died but it auto-respawned so not too bad. Wil;l investigate for you.

Also, just out of interest, what sort of pings are you getting (in the gamespy list) on PlusNet ADSL.

Regards

Josh
--
| Customer Support........................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.............@http://www.plus.net

Firejack
Grafter

>
> Also, just out of interest, what sort of pings are you getting (in the gamespy list) on PlusNet ADSL.
>
Right at this moment in time. GameSpy is showing the server as having a ping of between 52ms and 102ms to me. That's with me refreshing the ping every few seconds.
In game pings are a little higher. Between 65ms and 130ms.

Later Josh.

Andrew.
Firejack
Grafter

Me again Smiley

Just to let you know the Renegade server is still screwing up when the map cycle list reaches the maps "Walls Flying" and "Walls". For some reason there is no floor to the level and you just keep falling! LOL

Oh well..... nice try guys. Almost there now!

Later,

Andrew.

PS Josh. It was fun kicking your ***** on Renegade the other day. I'll let you kill me next time.... *cough* yea.. right! *cough* :lol
jberry
Grafter

> Just to let you know the Renegade server is still screwing up when the map cycle list reaches the maps "Walls Flying" and "Walls". For some reason there is no floor to the level and you just keep falling! LOL

Hmmm, will just remove it from the mapcycle for the moment while I think about it. Its possible that the map is just processor heavy or the file is corrupt. Will look into it.

> PS Josh. It was fun kicking your ***** on Renegade the other day. I'll let you kill me next time.... *cough* yea.. right! *cough* :lol

Any time, but next time...........

Regards

Josh
--
| Customer Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@http://www.plus.net
Firejack
Grafter

> > Just to let you know the Renegade server is still screwing up when the map cycle list reaches the maps "Walls Flying" and "Walls". For some reason there is no floor to the level and you just keep falling! LOL
>
> Hmmm, will just remove it from the mapcycle for the moment while I think about it. Its possible that the map is just processor heavy or the file is corrupt. Will look into it.
>
> > PS Josh. It was fun kicking your ***** on Renegade the other day. I'll let you kill me next time.... *cough* yea.. right! *cough* :lol
>
> Any time, but next time...........
>
Uh-oh! What have I let myself in for :eek: *gulp* ?

But yea... probably best if you just delete the maps from the Map Cycle list for the time being. They aren't my favourite maps anyway.

Later,

Andrew.
Firejack
Grafter

Just a quick message. The Renegade server has messed up again. This time the falling phenomenon seems to be affecting the Volcano map. You may want to consider removing this map also from the map cycle list.

Later,

Andrew.
Firejack
Grafter

Can I please have admin rights to the server? I'm fed up of people swearing and abusing the server who aren't even +Net customers.
I also will ask you to disable Team Kills on the server. I'm bored out of my mind watching people nuke their own base or shoot their team-mates 'cos its "fun"?

Sorry for the moan.

Later,

Andrew.
jberry
Grafter

Hi Andrew,

> Can I please have admin rights to the server? I'm fed up of people swearing and abusing the server who aren't even +Net customers.

'fraid not Smiley

> I also will ask you to disable Team Kills on the server. I'm bored out of my mind watching people nuke their own base or shoot their team-mates 'cos its "fun"?

Well spotted, I though I had turned this off but there you go. Will switch it off next time the server is empty.

Regards

Josh
(off duty support agent)
Firejack
Grafter

Thanks for that mate. No more getting shot in the back of the head for me Smiley

Later.