cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.Net BF2 Server Online!

Firejack
Grafter

Time for battle! The Plus.Net Battlefield 2 server is online.

Server Name = Plus.Net :: TNGC BF2 Server
IP = 212.159.6.220
Port = 16567

The server is a 64 slot server. Did intend to start off with a 32 player server but it appears Linux demo servers aren't restricted like the Windows ones and the default is set to 64 player. I'm going to leave it as it is for the time being and see how it goes before making some adjustments later.

Big thanks to Josh for the server Smiley

Have fun all Cool
15 REPLIES
N/A

as all those sad little leet people say

WOOT!

As a normal human would say, excellent, thanks
Firejack
Grafter

At 9PM I'll be locking the server to optimize the setup and allow some practice for the Server Admins to learn how to use the server. Feel free to drop in. Only Plusnet customers and my gaming community will be allowed on.

Password will be helicopter
N/A

now all I have to do is get the demo working properly!
Firejack
Grafter

Looks like the server crashed around 20:30. There is a 195MB dump file on the server. I'm guessing it just fell over. Seems the server software is single threaded and not using both processors on the server. For now I've reduced the server to 32 players and turned off VoIP (will move this to another server). Also I've enabled Auto Team Balacing. Seems we had 12 MEC and 52 USMC at once stage :?
N/A

no worries, am still having issues with the demo myself, cowwing punkbuster is booting me
niterider
Grafter

sounds great! i will be paying a visit :lol:
Firejack
Grafter

Had a good testing session with 14 or so clan mates. I've left the server at 32 players for now. Will be building it up to a higher level to try and find the optimal balance. VoIP is enabled again but on a lower settings. Trying to find a way to more the VoIP to another server.

Anyway.. I'll let you know how I get on. Post any suggestions you have here. I'll be monitoring these forums right up to retail launch for ideas.
N/A

Looks good this game gonna have to buy it next fridays when its out
N/A

There have been problems reported with auto balance on when palyer respawns for the opposing team and gets uav scanned their tag shows as "red" instead of "blue"

HI guys

Has anyone else noticed that with the timelimit gone and more time for the teams to get uneven. I think we get swapped to different teams when we die i.e auto team balance is turned on.

However if i am on US side and swap:

I have a MEC uniform
I have MEC guns
I see US units as friendly
I am on US Scoreboard not MEC
I cant cap any flags belonging to US or MEC
On flag caps if has MEC Flag the bar under it has full blue bar not red

So I am not sure whats happening here? may be try having auto team balance turned off? as once this happens your stuck until next round starts
Firejack
Grafter

Been talking with EA these past few days regarding some of the server issues. Found a fairly useful EA person who gave me some answers although his answers did turn to standard company line replies after the first messages Sad Well at least they got back to my on a Sunday with my last query which is something.

Anyway the results of my conversation is that our server will not have any sort of stats tracking or ranking either globally or locally. Nor will I be permitted to unlock any of the ranks and new weapons for us to enjoy. Basically our server will be a reduced version of the full game.

Really unhappy about this as it seems EA are pushing everyone onto the $512/month official EA servers Evil

There is talk of allowing local stats tracking. However I'm not optimistic this will happen soon as the request for these feature has only just been made and the game itself doesn't have any local stats tracking in the full retail version.
Firejack
Grafter

I've rolled the server over to the full version from the demo. Unfortunately no rankings and there are 5 or 6 bugs which I can't do anything about until EA releases a patch.

The server can hold 24 players on 32 player sized maps. I'll be increase the size once I move the VoIP function to another server.

See you guys there! You should see me a lot since I'm boycotting ranked servers Cool
N/A

I played online the other night, hoping that my 92698 position would drop a bit

NOPE!!!, not an official server, I tell you something, I can guess who they learnt from, OLE Billy Boy Gates... they are taking the mick, stuff going onto proper servers to get rankings n stuff, just play on me favourites instead!
Firejack
Grafter

It is a totally unacceptable situation. I've contacted EA three times trying to get our server onto the EA Partner list so we can have stats but they deny my request questioning my integrity suggesting I would allow cheats on our server :roll:

Can't even play on our server right now. So many bugs with the linux server package you can't get a game going.
niterider
Grafter

Great server! I was on the other day, really enjoyed playing :lol: