cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation 2 online connection help

N/A

Hi,

I have just bought a PS2 Network Adapter to play Burnout 3 online.
Unfortunately I have a bog-standard Binatone ADSL 500 modem with no network cable port (connects via USB). I have tried connecting the network cable from the PS2 directly into my PC and enabling Internet Connection Sharing. The diagnostics on the PS2 network disk run through ok, but I cannot connect to Sony's Central Station or to the Burnout 3 servers.

My question is, can I actually play online with the above set-up? Or do I need to buy a new modem/get a router?

Any help much appreciated!
4 REPLIES
N/A

Yes you can, but it would be easier with a router. To use it with ICS with the PS2, you will need to forward various ports within XP.

Have you checked out the sony site? since they cover a lot of this in depth.

If you get no joy, then come back and I'll find a site with details of what needs to be setup. Cheesy

Aaron
N/A

I think I may need your help Aaron. I've found out how to open UDP and TCP ports, but stuck on how to route or forward these ports.

Any suggestions?
N/A

Try the following link

PS2 Guide to ICS with PS2

There are further links on different OS versions within this link. If this still doesn't help, PM me and I'll dig out some more info.

Cheers,

Aaron
N/A

I wish they made more games for this console i like. As the console has died for me now. Xbox from now on