cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playstation 2 Network Problem - Pro Evolution Soccer 6

N/A

Hi there,

I've done a search for problem but have not found anything - apologies if I'm going over old ground !

I have a Slimline PS2 and have recently purchased Pro Evolution Soccer 6.

I have a broadband connection running to my laptop (which also has ZoneAlarm running) and the PS2 is connected to the laptop via a Crossover Ethernet cable.

I've got the Playstation to 'share' the broadband connection, but when the PS2 tries to verify my DNAS it eventually times-out with an error code (612) which suggests the DNS info I've entered (the Primary and Secondary DNS IP Addresses as shown on the 'Connections Settings' page) is incorrect.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or can anyone give me any pointers on how to fix it (so I don't have to play football against a cheating machine !!!!)

Huge thanks in advance,

~ Mark.
2 REPLIES
Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Did a bit of on line searching and this is the best I could find;
http://community.eu.playstation.com/showthread.php?t=35755

Hope it will help you.

Regards, Colin.
N/A

Many thanks for this !!!
This would've saved me a lot of time over the weekend, however I've now managed to get this bit of the connection sorted out - although I have managed to get the PS2 on the Internet, it appears that Sony's DNAS Servers don't 'see' it (most probably due to some DNS network settings I've messed-up somewhere.)

Smiley