cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planetside - Ping problems, please view and sort urgent !!!

N/A

I've been having problems with PLANETSIDE where my ping for the last year or so has been a constant 20-30ms. Lately it has been running at around 300-600ms which makes the game VERY unplayable resulting in it taking a couple of seconds for a door to open etc..

I'm not sure if this is the information you require to help me but ive pulled this from a tech thread on sony's planeside tech forum.

We do not formally support the use of firewalls or proxies, including home cable modem/DSL NAT routers, campus or office networks, and other Internet Connection Sharing devices or software. However, the following information might be helpful if you need to troubleshoot a connection that utilizes one of those technologies:

Launchpad Patch :
A TCP connection is initiated from the Launchpad client port > 1023 to patch.station.sony.com port 7000.

A UDP connection is initiated from the Launchpad client port > 1023 to sdlaunchpad1.station.sony.com and sdlaunchpad2.station.sony.com port range 3016-3021.

PlanetSide Patch:
A TCP connection is initiated from the Planetside client port > 1023 to patch.planetside.com ports 7000 and 7080.

PlanetSide client: UDP connections are initiated from the Planetside client port > 1023 to the Planetside servers on the following UDP port ranges: 45000-45010, 30000-30500.

Additionally, ICMP Unreachables (ICMP type 3) should be permitted bi-directionally between the client pc and the Planetside servers.

IP addresses:
There are multiple IP addresses for the Patch and Launchpad clusters, and they may change as the network demands, so check often using a DNS lookup tool if you provide a specific firewall rule for these services. The PlanetSide server IP addresses are currently in these subnets: 199.108.0.*, 199.108.14.*, 199.108.15.*, 199.108.204.*, 199.108.205.*, 195.33.135.*

The application of this information will depend on your firewall. For directions on how to do so please contact the manufacturer and/or administrator of your firewall.

If its not helpful can you point me in the right direction on how to obtain the information you require as PLANESIDE is currently having a outfit war competition and it sucks when you get instakilled to someone with a proper ISP and connection.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) All Capitals title made lower case. Please see the Link:rules
6 REPLIES
N/A

I'm having exactly the same problem... could we at least get this game fixed, shouldn't be too hard as it just uses a few centralised dedicated servers.
ady
Grafter

you sure interleaving hasnt been turned on?

this has made peoples ping fluctuate alot
N/A

I was told before that i have interleaving on my line and i might experience lag in certain games (COD2) being one, i had to stop playing that because of it.
Plusent then informed me that if i wanted interleaving turned off i would have to pay for it which i thought was a cheek.
This has only been happening for around a month or so now, i even went out and bought a new router as i suspected it might be playing up but it turns out that im still getting it.
N/A

Hello
Anyone out there ffs
N/A

bump
iainmacmillan
Grafter

could be any number of reasons -- more local connections from houses around you, BT upgrading hardware, and making an arse of it (been happening a lot here). also if you are using a USB modem -- disable XP firewall or any FW software to see if that improves. Those using a router -- try setting all the PORTS listed for the game as open and pointing to your system IP address.

By default all routers are set to allow anything OUT, but only specific services and ports IN. My router has a long list from internet apps like Skype and Morpheus, to all internet games play inc CS, BF series, EVE, Halo, Civ4, HL, COD series and more.

Also have to take into account any changed to the game itself -- server side patches or client patches too -- make sure you have the latest drivers for ur hardware and firmware for your router/modem.