cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planet side ?

N/A

Planet side ?

Just got this brand new off a mate he aint used it b4. Just want to no what do u do on it and after the first month free playing would you call them up to cancel.

Thanks yall
7 REPLIES
N/A

Planet side ?

sorry cant help with that when i put my new 1 on some bitch with a pirate copy took my number so never had a chance to use it Evil
N/A

Planet side ?

lo,planetside is a huge first person shooter.u join 1 of 3 sides and then work ur way up thru the ranks by 2 means,battle xp and/or command xp.there are all manner of different skills u can learn giving u a choice of different weapons ground and air vehicles.the planet is divided into 10 continents which all 3 sides fight over.each continent has various bases,capitols and sub capitols which must be captured to eventually capture the continent.on a full continent expect 500 players but be warned that the really huge battles need a really good pc to run em well,though there are allways plenty of smaller fights going on.if u have never tried a massive multiplayer then u are in for an overwhelming game experience,they are really really huge (1 continent is the rough equivalent of 8 sq km)dont be put of by the size,look for an outfit to join which will help new players and have guys who will show u around for a day or two.
Firejack
Grafter

Planet side ?

...(1 continent is the rough equivalent of 8 sq km)...
Each map is actually 64 square Km Wink
N/A

Planet side ?

Just been playing it and i hate it. So long and takes to long to get into. But fun for 8 mins whilst you find sum 1 that will help u
Firejack
Grafter

Planet side ?

Planetside is another level in FPS gaming. Its sophistication and complication requires a gamer who thinks of patience, teamplay and intelligence at the core of what they call fun.
This game is incredible once you get into it. Its free from network lag, cheats and bugs. The last two of these being dealt with quickly and permanently by the full time development and customer support teams.
If you are a 'twitch' gamer and just want to go around fragging people. Play something of an easier nature like UT2K4 or BF:V. However if you want to test your skills against the best gamers who display the best forms of communication, cooperation and teamwork from any game out there, give Planetside another go.
Planetside makes you think. Don't go into it expecting to just get some frags.
N/A

Planet side ?

Its niot lag free i got lots of lag when i last went on it
Firejack
Grafter

Planet side ?

You are making a common misconception about online gaming. "lag" is the term used by those with a poor connection to the server. You only get lag if the round trip (calculated by pinging the server) from your computer to the server is over a certain noticable threshold. In this case somewhere around 150ms due to Planetsides client-side detection.
This 'lag' I think you are referring too is the low FPS ( Frames Per Second) you are getting in game. Low FPS causes that stuttering effect in games - or in severe cases - the slideshow effect.
Planetside has a built-in performance monitor and you can bring it up by typing the command "/stats" in the chat window. It will bring up your FPS and ping. If your FPS is under 30 in battle you will be getting horrible stuttering. If the ping is the problem it will be over 150ms. Red colour coding indicates a problem and Green is good. Bring up the performance monitor and you'll be able to work out were exactly your problem lies.

If your computer is less then a Athlon XP 2200+, Radeon 9600 Pro 128MB and 1 GB of memory. You need to upgrade. Planetside is a BIG game. You need a monster of a PC (Athlon 64 3200+, Radeon 9800 Pro 256MB, 2GB's of memory) to run it in all its glory.