cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pings?

N/A

Pings?

Hi,

I have complained about this problem for sometime now and i keep getting told that plusnet's ping is fine and all that, it must be the server your playing on, so i just get on with it but everytime i play online i get the same problem, ping spikes, very unstable ping, bery high ping, when really bugs me is i was speaking to a guy on BT internet and his ping was sorted was between 15-20 never moved from that. I just want this sorted Cry it's not my pc too as i'm very on top of spyware and stuff. any suggestions

Thanks.
3 REPLIES
N/A

Pings?

Are you able to test your own system and equipment on your friends line?

You imply that this is PlusNets problem fullstop. So the above test will prove a possible truth in your assumption.
N/A

Pings?

Well this problem isn't going away and to be honest i'm not exactly too bothered who im blaming plusnet or myself, i just want the problem sorted as when people on other isp's BT / Nildram / Eclipse / are fine and there pings perfect. I can't see it being my router or my system, i don't know any friends on ADSL.

Thanks Wink
N/A

Pings?

lo,on what server and game are you playing? i've just done three pings to jolt.co.uk and they are all around the 30ms mark.are you using overseas servers? are there a lot of high pingers on the server?quite a few games will run a lot smoother with fewer allowed players on them.our moh clan server is in holland and im pinging around 50 to it which is more than acceptable for a fps.is your anti virus and firewall running when u r playing? how many background services are on your pc when playing and how much ram have u installed.im usually playing planetside and have 1.5 gb of ram with planetside usually using around 1 gb of that.all first person shooters that load maps need ram to run smoother otherwise your pc is dragging its heels to keep up with server info,this will seem to cause lag spikes which will fluctuate ur ping at that moment.