cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS2 Not Conecting To USB Modem

N/A

Hey All,

My USB Modem Is Pluged Into Everything... But It Wont Connect!!! Ive Put in all the right details and everything but its still not working >_> i have the newest PS2 out... so... that should work right? I Really cant get it to work can anyone help me? :?:

Thanks,

Andrew
13 REPLIES
N/A

Are you connecting the USB modem directly to the PS2? I've not heard of that being done before, so I'm not sure if it would work to be honest.

What most people with a USB modem do is connect the modem to a PC, and then use Internet Connection Sharing, and run an ethernet cable from the PC to the PS2. Alternatively you could buy an ethernet router.

If you're using the new (slim) PS2, it already has an ethernet port so that's easy enough. Otherwise you need to buy the broadband (ethernet) adaptor, which goes into the expansion bay.
N/A

eh?

yes new slim one

ive connected my LAN cable to it... it worked when I was wit BT but its not working anymore... can u explain >_>

Andrew
N/A

You might have to change some of the PS2's settings, such as DNS servers. The BT servers probably only work while you're connected through their ADSL service - instead you should use PlusNet's (212.159.6.9, 212.159.6.10).

Take a look at the PlayStation 2 Connection Guide for more information.
N/A

i added u on msn so u can help me eaisier Cheesy ... and the PS2 want a secondary DNS >_<

Thanks,

Andrew
N/A

>_> that is both of em, doh!
N/A

Hi,

I haven't had anything through MSN yet - might be worth re-adding me.

So you've put in both of the DNS addresses I mentioned? Does the PS2 software give any kind of error?
N/A

i put in the DNS
but it doesnt connect :?
N/A

Have you double checked the Internet Connection Sharing (I assume that's what you're using?) setup? Maybe worth deleting and readding that connection. Also it might be worth disabling firewall software (including Windows firewall) temporarily for the sake of testing.
N/A

done most ecept windows... testing now Cheesy
N/A

nope didnt work
N/A

Have you completely removed all connection settings on the PS2 (I think you can do that..maybe have to go into the memory card and erase it from there), and then re-setup the PlayStation's settings following the PlusNet connection guide I posted earlier?
N/A

hmmmmmm ill try taht Cool
N/A

eh... i give up... ill just call out Sony Wink

Andrew