cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS2 Help - I've read all the others.........

N/A

I've got my connection up and running via the Speedtouch 530........
The laptop is connected via the USB port, and running fine.............
However, the problem arises when trying to connect the playstation via the ethernet port...

I have tried all the auto-setup options, and entering IP's manually, but nothing seems to work..........

Anyone have any ideas.........?

I
17 REPLIES
N/A

Have u set up ics sharing on ur laptop?
N/A

No. I tried but the tab for it wasn't there...
I'm using Xp....

Cheers

But does mean the laptop has to be on?
N/A

Yeah but you say you have a usb modem. Is that a ethernet one then. I can really help you on the ethernet one i dont no nothing about them sorry
N/A

The Speedtouch 530 is a combined modem router, with USB and ethernet......the laptop is connected via USB.. and the PS2 should connect via the ethernet......
Community Veteran

It's possible you may have to open some ports on the router to allow the PS2 to connect to whatever service it needs to.

Does the PS2 get allocated an IP address from the router or did you setup a static IP within the PS2 (don't have one so I'm just making suggestions here). I.e. is the DHCP enabled on the router?
N/A

Hi,

Most PS2 games and central require a number of ports to be forwarded on your router. In addition although your router can cater for both, you obviously cannot run both at the same time, so your laptop should be off.

Internet connection sharing within XP is a pain, as like the router you will need to configure certain ports forward, but I have details of how to do it, if you want to.

What games have you go? I might have the ports you need to forward, as I've got a PS2 with quite a few of the on-line games and I had to forward my ports on my router.

Aaron
Community Veteran

Most of the dual connector type routers (USB & Ethernet) can usually have both connected as it is effectively is 2 port router. The 530 can use both interfaces at the same time so that is not an issue - see http://www.speedtouch.com/prod530.htm
N/A

Hi Peter,

The link doesn't work, it takes you to a holding page on their site. It should be
http://www.speedtouch.com/prod530.htm You've added a . at the end.

I stand corrected, it can use both USB and ethernet at the same time.

Aaron
N/A

All these problems we ps2. Xbox all the way mate lol
N/A

The game I'm desparate to get working is SOCOM 2, as I've been somewhat cold turkey from lack of play.......

Thanks for all your help....but I still dont seem to be getting anywhere....!

I dont understand the configuration settings... Cry
N/A

Hi to play Socom 2 you need to open (port forward) ports 6000-6999 (UDP) to the IP addy of your play station. Do you know how to do this?

extreme17, don't be so quick off the mark, you have to pay to play on-line with Xbox and you still need to port forward for games Wink
N/A

I have no idea............lol
Though it sounds like I'm only a few minutes away.....

SOCOM Handle: MonkeyRoo

Cheers
N/A

the best tip i can give you is: get an xbox. playstations suck, man.
N/A

hi mate i would be willing to talk to you later on tonight on my ventrillo server or on messeneger. you need to find out what your local ip is on the speed touch
then gointo it from there
and configure

give me your email and ill contact you to talk in more detail

karl