cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My humble thoughts on the MOHAA server

Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

My humble thoughts on the MOHAA server

Firstly, a big thanks to Josh and Homer for all the work they've put in to the AA server. It's well appreciated guys. Smiley

Next, a few of my views on the server.

Scanner-
Definitely a good thing, I've been on a few servers that run it.

The maps-
Need to be updated to the 'fixed' maps, especially for Destroyed village. The last couple of times I've been on the server I've seen people attempting to go unbder the map. I watched someone go under the map last night which meant he could run around killing at will. The Plusnet server must be one of the few without the fixed maps.

Realism (CKR)-
This would be my preference, though I know people who dislike it as much as I like it. The other thread has brought up a couple of advocates for realism (Chewie for one).
Personally, when I shoot someone in the head, I only want it to take 1 shot to kill, not 3 or 4. Some people moan about how easy it is to kill, but that's why it's called realism.
It would also serve to cut down the amount of rocket users. I'm not saying they shouldn't be used in the game, but there is no skill involved in firing a rocket. Realism restricts the player to 3 rockets.

I have been playing on the Plusnet server more, but as my main preferences are for realism servers and Objective maps I don't visit as often as I'd like. I do like a good piece of TDM now and then. :lol

These are just my thoughts.

Please feel free to pull them apart, add some more of your own, try to bestow the credits of non-realism, or whatever.

Dave aka Phantom Flan Flinger.
9 REPLIES
N/A

RE: My humble thoughts on the MOHAA server

lo,not sure if there is any substance in this but i heard there could be a new mohaa patch being released,it is supposed to contain fixes for pk3 file cheats as well as erase ladder cheats (landsharking),the scanner would still be needed though as skins dont fall into the pk3s,they only contain no fog,no recoil,and wall and door hacks.as far as im aware the 4uk scanner allready does this though it scans ur hard drive to do it.not sure if there would be a legal issue with this though i dont think so.

N/A

Since the release of the MOH:AA server, I have noticed that usage is not the nest ever.

When it's full, it's full, when it's empty, it usualy remains so, somtimes for days.

I do have some questions though.

I have seen the UK4 monitor, in action on server like << WABB >> (another greate server, though you may find it hard to get on, it's pretty popular, with only 10 public spaces). I have to say, I don't mind it's actions, but I don't like the idea of HD scanning, even if it is only for MOH cheats (can any1 give more info on how it works).

As for EA releasing a new patch, the grape-vine is currently doing nelson laughs. MOH is apparently heading for no-updates teratory. There is also talk of a new games engine, that EA want to use on future games, with the possibility of creating new MOH, with the skill of BF1942, but with MOH style game play.

I don't know how true they are, but the Q3 engine is gettign slihgtly old. Not in it's Age, but teh fact some consider it too open, and more and more people, can allmost create there own games, from other retail game engines.

On top, I have now been playing MOH:AA for allmost 8 months. With 4 months of that playuing multiplayer on my Plus.Net DSL connection (sexy).

In this time, I have only ever added one map (sniper valley, crap, but I was experimenting), changed the scope on my sniper (reverted back now, got bored) and used a blood patch (also gone, due to bordom).

I hear about the cheats all the time, ranging from wall skins to goign under maps.

Can some1 please tell me, hwo the hell your supposed to get under the maps? I just don't see it possible! Thoguh I know it is, due to two lamers emptying the Plus.Net server for days, because it became boring running around, allmost askign to be shot.

For realism. No thanks. I agree it makes it as the name says, but it's too aims at diehard users. I enjoy playing against new users, but it's no fun letting them shoot at you for 5 mins, that allmost blow them away with a single shot. If it's was some form of clan server, then yes, I would recomend it. However, it's public, and designed for the ISP's collective userbase.

Now I am off to ask you all a question in another thread, before I throw both ASE, MOH:AA, Spearhead and GS all in the bin.
N/A

lo there,in answer to your query about going under the map it is only possible in dest vill,it can be done in other maps but u need help to do it.there is a map fix for it and im sure u are bound to have seen it on some servers,it is where the stuka has crashed into the building directly behind the tank,it is an easy d/l to install and should definitly be considered for the server.on the realism point i dont mind either but it is my experience of the normal game that people use shotguns or rockets and after so long it becomes dead boring at least the ckr server mod reduces the impact of these weapons on the game,i also dont like the fact it takes half a clip to kill someone usually yet someone with sniper kills with 1 shot,more so because rifles,bar and stg all did use the same size of cartridge.chewie

N/A

Too be honest, no I have never seen this happen. Though I will be looking out for it now.

I suppose I am too busy runnign my ass off around the map to notice, and I never normal go into that house at the end (except when some1 is convinced they can't die).
N/A

next time u r in plusnet server and u see me in jus ask i will show u how u go under map,its no big deal though it is a pain in the ass when the newbies learn it.[TMY]chewbacca

Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Suffice to say you get up and over the roof where you fall down at the rear and you're under the map.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Suffice to say you get up and over the roof where you fall down at the rear and you're under the map.
jberry
Grafter

Hi all,

The scanner is definately beinf installed. I would have done it this weekend but I bought Spearhead on Friday and got a little bit distracted...

I'll also fix the maps at the same time as its quite easy now I've had a look at it. Also, from an earler reply by me:

<snip>
I should be upgrading the hardware on the server at some point in the next few weeks so hopefully I will be able to run the current server, a realism server and a spearhead server on the same box (can't put extra servers on at the mo as I will need to re-install the OS before I do). I am also working on getting server statistics up and running but this is again dependant on re-installing the OS on the machine as the compiler is fubar.

Will keep you all updated when I know more myself.
<snip>

Josh (aka p4cman)

--
| Josh Berry......................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Centre Trainer..for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Thanks Josh.

I'll keep an eye out for you. Smiley

Only person I've played with from the forums is Chewie.