Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Site

N/A

My Site

Hey Everyone,

I mite of asked this question before but here it goes,

Im making a web site on games demo downloads, Im makeing a page for each game, the page for each game will say the game name, a screenshot, the size and the links to download, I have made a 130 game demo download pages, which is 130 games, How many should i do till i put the site online?

Thanks in Advanced,

Tim
8 REPLIES
N/A

My Site

Would be glad to help but i really dont understand the question. Sorry maybe im just retarded =)
N/A

My Site

Edited
N/A

My Site

If you have a site of this nature, with links, you have to keep it updated. Otherwise people will not revisit if there are lots of invalid links.
So, have as many games/links as you like and you can effectively manage (keep updated) and is within your webspace allocation (www, frontpage, cgi - all together). Don't expect to put a website up of this nature and then forget about it.
N/A

My Site

I know, it will be updated all the time, but i want to know how many to start off?
N/A

My Site

Anyone?Huh
Community Veteran

Re: My Site

How many should i do till i put the site online?

This is not a question anyone else but you can answer.

This is entirely your decision and depends on how many you feel comfortable in maintaining because the more pages you create, the more time it will take you to check and update them.

So you decide then make your site live.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

My Site

The only hiccup I can see is that many of the sites used for demos, eg Fileplanet, require membership to download.
N/A

My Site

For that sort of site, id really recommend using a couple of MySQL tables and a bit of php to tie it all together - othere wise manually updating 130 html files would be one royal pita.

If you need any help with the SQL, send us an email and I can give you some pointers.

----
mike@capnoats.com
= my domain's email account not my plus.net account