cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Xboxes on live?

N/A

Multiple Xboxes on live?

I have a Netgear DG 824M wireless adsl router / modem and have tried to run 2 xboxes on Live simultaneously without any luck. One of the connections gets dumped after 30 seconds to a minute. I do understand that connecting the two xboxes (with different live accounts / subscriptions) at the same time may not work due to the fact that I have only 1 external WAN IP address? Any help / advice on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Regards

Fraser
3 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Multiple Xboxes on live?

Hi Fraser,

You could request a block of 4 IP addresses (giving you two usable) if you are not able to do this with a single IP address - just request them through link:contact us.

Regads,
N/A

Multiple Xboxes on live?

Hi
I will have a similar problem when my house mate registers his Xbox.
So if I request more IP addresses how will this effect my setup at home, we are using a US robotics ADSL router with 3 PC's and at the moment 1 Xbox but would like to make it 2. Once these extra IP addresses are active is it simply a case of plugging in the 2nd Xbox or do we have to configure the 2nd Xbox in some way?

Thanks and Regards

Pasive (Xbox tag if anyone see me on-line)
jberry
Grafter

Multiple Xboxes on live?

Hi there,

You would have to configure your router is such a way that the two XBox's had public IP addresses and the other machines had private IP addresses. I am not sure whether this would be possible using your router as I have no experience of using it.

You could try the ADSL forum or the manuafacturers website for help on setting it up.

Regards,