cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft XBox Owners - Please Read!!!

N/A

Microsoft is providing new power cords at no charge to replace the cords that originally came with some Xbox consoles. You will need your Serial Number and Manufacture date to verify if your Xbox Console requires a replacement cord. This is located on the bottom of your console.

Why are Xbox replacement power cords needed?

The replacement power cords are designed to protect consumers and their Xbox consoles from rare electrical component failures that can pose a fire hazard.

How great is the risk?
Fewer than one in 10,000 consoles have experienced these component failures. In almost all instances, any damage caused by these failures was contained within the console itself or limited to the tip of the power cord at the back of the console.

Does my console require a replacement cord?
If it was manufactured before October 23, 2003, your console requires a replacement cord (except for consoles purchased in Continental Europe, where consoles manufactured prior to January 13, 2004 require a replacement cord). Consoles manufactured after October 23, 2003 (after January 13, 2004 for consoles purchased in Continental Europe) do not require replacement cords because design improvements to the cord and console already protect against the problems that are addressed by the replacement cords.

Mine is ordered

Link HERE
31 REPLIES
N/A

I have a new xbox and a old one. But i dont think there is any need for one reallyt nothing wrong we mine
N/A

well if your xbox goes on fire, dont say i didnt warn ya Tongue
N/A

I doubt it will
N/A

THANKS very much indeed for this, very much appreciated, just checked my sons xbox and it is pre the warning date, ordered and waiting to receive!!
N/A

I doubt it will

So do I, but as the old saying goes..

Best being safe than sorry..

But in saying that, if its ABOVE the date mentioned, its not needing a new power cable, only if before, however, no harm in checking I suppose Smiley

THANKS very much indeed for this

Your Welcome Smiley
N/A

Think I'm still using the same power lead from the day of release although I'm on my second machine.
Guess I'll order a replacement but it's been ok 'till now.

Judging by the amount of times I've seen extreme17 on Live if his is ok, then we'll all be ok Cheesy
N/A

Well i have 3 xboxs in the house. One for me one for the little one and one thats knacked. Mine is new the old one is launch and we use that power cord and its still going.
N/A

I don't there is anything wrong with my cord but it's better to be safe than sorry so i have ordered a new power cord anyway.
N/A

GET THE CABLE

The reason why they are calling for the xboxs before that date its that they are all known to have a component failure inside the xbox after a while. It doesn't seem to effect the xbox running, but it causes problems where the cable connects to the xbox. It can heat up and catch fire.

Make sure you get the new cable, it been adjusted to prevent any problem should the component fail.

Trust me, mine works fine, but if it gets the same problem, then I'm in trouble!

So get the cable, its free and takes 2 minutes to fill in the form. Don't risk your life over what might be a serious fire risk!
N/A

N/A

Thats the new cable cool
N/A

Yep, my sons has arrived today, nice looking RCB as well, once again, thank you for this post, VERY IMPORTANT indeed, probably a life saver for some!
N/A

mine should be with me any day now Cheesy .. i dont have the lead anymore anyway due to the fact i lost it but i thought what the hell mite aswell get something free from microsoft
N/A

Ok orded just cause it looks good.