cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medal of Honour - PlusNet Games Servers???

N/A

Medal of Honour - PlusNet Games Servers???

Cry Hi

Does Plusnet host any Medal of Honour games Servers? The games servers list on plusnet only consists of a couple of games mainly halflife and Unreal tournament.

Would +net be considering hosting a Medal of Honour games server?

Thanks

Cecil.
12 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Medal of Honour - PlusNet Games Servers???

> Cry Hi
>
> Does Plusnet host any Medal of Honour games Servers? The games servers list on plusnet only consists of a couple of games mainly halflife and Unreal tournament.
>
> Would +net be considering hosting a Medal of Honour games server?
>
> Thanks
>
> Cecil.
i would like to see it as well

--
N/A

> > Cry Hi
> >
> > Does Plusnet host any Medal of Honour games Servers? The games servers list on plusnet only consists of a couple of games mainly halflife and Unreal tournament.
> >
> > Would +net be considering hosting a Medal of Honour games server?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Cecil.
> i would like to see it as well
>
>
> --
>

Stephen

Just to keep you updated - I posted a message regarding this in the plusnet discussion forum and got a reply telling me to raise a ticket about this - So that's what i've done.

Hope they decide to take it up!

Cecil
Firejack
Grafter

> > > Cry Hi
> > >
> > > Does Plusnet host any Medal of Honour games Servers? The games servers list on plusnet only consists of a couple of games mainly halflife and Unreal tournament.
> > >
> > > Would +net be considering hosting a Medal of Honour games server?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > Cecil.
> > i would like to see it as well
> >
> >
> > --
> >
>
> Stephen
>
> Just to keep you updated - I posted a message regarding this in the plusnet discussion forum and got a reply telling me to raise a ticket about this - So that's what i've done.
>
> Hope they decide to take it up!
>
> Cecil

A MOHAA Server is being planned to my knowledge and has been in consideration for quite awhile. Think it was put aside while the guys sorted out the C&C Renegade server I requested Smiley

Later.
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

I asked the same question last month here and was told it wouldn't be because their was no Linux version of the server.

Has this changedHuh

Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Damn, can't do links in this forum.

Or edit for that matter. Sad

Firejack
Grafter

> Damn, can't do links in this forum.
>
> Or edit for that matter. Sad
>
>

LOL No. This Forum is pretty basic.

Anyway. You need to talk to Josh, Mike or Rob about the games servers. They are really helpful. I believe Josh and Mike put together the C&C Renegade server from bits and pieces of computer kit they had laying around their apartment. And they then installed some version of Windows on it.

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

> > Damn, can't do links in this forum.
> >
> > Or edit for that matter. Sad
> >
> >
>
> LOL No. This Forum is pretty basic.
>
> Anyway. You need to talk to Josh, Mike or Rob about the games servers. They are really helpful. I believe Josh and Mike put together the C&C Renegade server from bits and pieces of computer kit they had laying around their apartment. And they then installed some version of Windows on it.
>
> Later,
>
> Andrew.

Do you have any of their e-mail addresses?
Firejack
Grafter

Yea......
Josh = jberry@plus.net
Mike = mgrice@plus.net
and I think Robs is rkelly@plus.net. Though I'm not sure. I've never harassed him by E-mail like the others :rollsmile: Tongue

Later,

Andrew.
N/A

Anyone interested in a Soldier of Fortune II server ? MoHAA is good, but I prefer SOFII for deathmatch games.

Would it be worth raising a ticket for this too ?

Daniel.
:luke:
N/A

The best deathmatch game IMHO is still quake 1, very little beats a fragfest on dm4 or ZTNDM3!

> Anyone interested in a Soldier of Fortune II server ? MoHAA is good, but I prefer SOFII for deathmatch games.
>
> Would it be worth raising a ticket for this too ?
>
> Daniel.
> :luke:
>

--
Turtel
http://www.turtels.cjb.net
N/A

G'day
As an avid MOH:AA online player , I woould love to have a Plusnet Server for the game too . Would it help if we kept on hassling the powerers that be ?
My team has asked me to host our matches when file a I've finished building my server , but I don't thing that I will have enough bandwidth . Do plusnet rent servers for games like this ?? If anyone knows any details have a , please post .
Hey if it gets desperate enough , I'll build one and rent it to them Smiley. Has anyone tried to run a dedicated server for MOH:AA in the community from a plusnet connection ?? If you have can you post the results so that I can see whether to bother or not .
Cheers
Oz

--
N/A

Hi

I have included the reply that I got from Josh regarding this. Yes I would love them to set up a dedicated games server -

here's Josh's mail to me:

Hi there,

The reason that we havn't is that there is no linux server release currently available.

We are experimenting with windows servers (C&C renegade) but we are having so many problems with reliability that we probably won't get any more in the near future.

If you want one then badger them to release a decent server pack for linux - from experience I would say tha games never take off online as well without a server for linux

Regards

Josh

So I suggest everyone who wants one should e-mail the guys how deal with it:

jberry@plus.net - Josh Berry
mgrice@plus.net - Mike

I'm sure with enough persuasion they will be convinced and now there is no reason not to set one up, as if your read the reply Josh gave me previously he didn't want to set one up on Windows. Now there's a linux one available they have too!

This is from David Browns post earlier:
News - http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1029809554/

Readme - http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/medalofhonor/Thirdparty/mohaa_lnxded_1.11.tar.txt

Download - http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/medalofhonor/Thirdparty/mohaa_lnxded_1.11.tar.gz.html

regards

Cecil.

> G'day
> As an avid MOH:AA online player , I woould love to have a Plusnet Server for the game too . Would it help if we kept on hassling the powerers that be ?
> My team has asked me to host our matches when file a I've finished building my server , but I don't thing that I will have enough bandwidth . Do plusnet rent servers for games like this ?? If anyone knows any details have a , please post .
> Hey if it gets desperate enough , I'll build one and rent it to them Smiley. Has anyone tried to run a dedicated server for MOH:AA in the community from a plusnet connection ?? If you have can you post the results so that I can see whether to bother or not .
> Cheers
> Oz
>
>
> --
>