cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Servers

N/A

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Servers

G'day
As an avid MOH:AA online player , I would love to have a Plusnet Server for the game too . Would it help if we kept on hassling the powers that be ?
My team has asked me to host our matches when file a I've finished building my server , but I don't thing that I will have enough bandwidth . Do plusnet rent servers for games like this ?? If anyone knows any details have a , please post .
Hey if it gets desperate enough , I'll build one and rent it to them . Has anyone tried to run a dedicated server for MOH:AA in the community from a plusnet connection ?? If you have can you post the results so that I can see whether to bother or not .
Cheers
Oz
[Rs2]Sgt.Oz

--
It's all funny till someone gets hurt .....then it's F**CKING HYSTERICAL.
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Medal of Honor: Allied Assault Servers

Hi Oz

I have included the replies that I got from Josh regarding this. Yes I would love them to set up a dedicated games server - but I don't think they will unless there is a Linux version for the MOHAA dedicated game server (I don't think there is one - correct me if I am wrong).

here's Josh's mail to me:

Hi there,

The reason that we havn't is that there is no linux server release currently available.

We are experimenting with windows servers (C&C renegade) but we are having so many problems with reliability that we probably won't get any more in the near future.

If you want one then badger them to release a decent server pack for linux - from experience I would say tha games never take off online as well without a server for linux

Regards

Josh
--
| Josh Berry Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical and Customer Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----

Hope this helps.

Cecil.

> G'day
> As an avid MOH:AA online player , I would love to have a Plusnet Server for the game too . Would it help if we kept on hassling the powers that be ?
> My team has asked me to host our matches when file a I've finished building my server , but I don't thing that I will have enough bandwidth . Do plusnet rent servers for games like this ?? If anyone knows any details have a , please post .
> Hey if it gets desperate enough , I'll build one and rent it to them . Has anyone tried to run a dedicated server for MOH:AA in the community from a plusnet connection ?? If you have can you post the results so that I can see whether to bother or not .
> Cheers
> Oz
> [Rs2]Sgt.Oz
>
>
>
> --
> It's all funny till someone gets hurt .....then it's F**CKING HYSTERICAL.

N/A

Sorry Oz I was wrong they have recently released a MOHAA Linux dedicated games server (See daves post in the forum a bit earlier) - So I suggest everyone who wants one should e-mail the guys how deal with it:

jberry@plus.net - Josh Berry
mgrice@plus.net - Mike

I'm sure with enough persuasion they will be convinced and now there is no reason not to set one up, as if your read the reply Josh gave me previously he didn't want to set one up on Windows. Now there's a linux one available they have too!

This is from David Browns post earlier:
News - http://www.3dgamers.com/news/more/1029809554/

Readme - http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/medalofhonor/Thirdparty/mohaa_lnxded_1.11.tar.txt

Download - http://www.3dgamers.com/dl/games/medalofhonor/Thirdparty/mohaa_lnxded_1.11.tar.gz.html

regards

Cecil.
> G'day
> As an avid MOH:AA online player , I would love to have a Plusnet Server for the game too . Would it help if we kept on hassling the powers that be ?
> My team has asked me to host our matches when file a I've finished building my server , but I don't thing that I will have enough bandwidth . Do plusnet rent servers for games like this ?? If anyone knows any details have a , please post .
> Hey if it gets desperate enough , I'll build one and rent it to them . Has anyone tried to run a dedicated server for MOH:AA in the community from a plusnet connection ?? If you have can you post the results so that I can see whether to bother or not .
> Cheers
> Oz
> [Rs2]Sgt.Oz
>
>
>
> --

N/A

G'day
Thanks for the quick response Smiley Sorry m8 ..in the dark about the Linux thing Sad. Will a linux server run MOH:AA for people using Windows ?? I think I need an Idiots Guide for this stuff .
I know what Linux is , but not sure why they want to use it .. To tick off Mr Gates perhaps Tongue .
Is it a stability issue , if that's the case why not use Win 2000 Server . Are the servers at Plusnet all Linux ??
Will Moh:aa be playable on a linux server ?
See , I don't know enough about Linux etc. to know what the issue is .
I'm not a complete newbie to this , I've built & have 5 PC's ,All on various versions of Windows .
All I want is a low ping & good fps .we're Any ideas about the server my url question ?
Thanks again .
Oz

--
N/A

Oz

Yes they wanted a Linux MOHAA dedicated server - because they use Linux servers as far as I know because of verious reasons - Security, Stability and also that Linux doesn't need as much powerfull resources as Windows.

Whatever the client is running you will be able to connect to the Linux server and happily play away(even if it is running on a linux box)!

Hope this answers your questions about it.

regards

Cecil.
> G'day
> Thanks for the quick response Smiley Sorry m8 ..in the dark about the Linux thing Sad. Will a linux server run MOH:AA for people using Windows ?? I think I need an Idiots Guide for this stuff .
> I know what Linux is , but not sure why they want to use it .. To tick off Mr Gates perhaps Tongue .
> Is it a stability issue , if that's the case why not use Win 2000 Server . Are the servers at Plusnet all Linux ??
> Will Moh:aa be playable on a linux server ?
> See , I don't know enough about Linux etc. to know what the issue is .
> I'm not a complete newbie to this , I've built & have 5 PC's ,All on various versions of Windows .
> All I want is a low ping & good fps .we're Any ideas about the server my url question ?
> Thanks again .
> Oz
>
>
>
>
> --

N/A

Oz

What do you mean by this:
>we're Any ideas about the server my url question ?

Please explain I am a little confused as to what you are talking about.

Thanks

Cecil.
N/A

> Oz
>
> What do you mean by this:
> >we're Any ideas about the server my url question ?
>
> Please explain I am a little confused as to what you are talking about.
>
> Thanks
>
> Cecil.

The guys in my MOH:AA clan in the USA have asked me if i can host games from my server when I finish building it .I don't know if my ADSL connection will be able to give everyone a decent ping . As you know , you can run a dedicated server in MOH:AA . But not play from that pc . Well , as I'm building a large storage server for my home LAN ,I thought that I could use it .
Well ( this i gonna be a long winded one Smiley ) i've spoken to my friend ,who has done Cisco etc. and he said that when he runs a Counterstrike Server ,anymore that 4 players and the ping goes through the roof . He doesn't play MOH:AA (very sad ) so he doesn't know if it will be me problem.
Does this make sense now ??
Hope to hear from you soon
Cheers
Oz

--
N/A

Josh's reply:

Hi Cecil,

I already picked up on this yesterday.

I’m pretty sure that we will set up a server for this but I need to fix and then reinstall the server that we will probably be using so it will most likely be a couple of weeks.

I will drop you an e-mail when I have a more definite date.

Regards

Josh

--

| Josh Berry Unmetered & ADSL solutions

| Technical Support for Home & Business

| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net

+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----