cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOH nickname issues

N/A

MOH nickname issues

I use btoh ASE and GS, for use with all my games.

GS works 100% fine, but I hate it's interface, and I have accoutned some issues when running MOH down to GS (only common factor to the issues).

However, when I use ASE, I can't seem to get my nickname to work.

No matter what server, my nickname is allways "My Usual", and no the nickname "BanditInArms" that I have in the settings. All other games are fine, including Spearhead.

If I use the "Set name" function is ASE (CTRL+N or Tools->Set name), then I join the game wiht the picked nickname.

I am thinking of registering ASE, because it's simply briliant. However, you don't get any priority support for these sort of issues, so I guess if it's a bug, my money will remain in my pocket until it's fixed, or confirmed as a bug.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: MOH nickname issues

Its late and I'm not sure if I've read correctly, but why not just chg nickname via console command within MOHAA. I too have ASE but just seem to use GS as in a clan and all others have GS.

Happy Killing,

Ja
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

What have you got in the multiplayer setting screen on MOHAAHuh

N/A

The idea behind the ASE feature, is not to have to change it via the console.

At first, I did change it via the console, however, to have to do it everytime, is simply anoying now.

As for the MOH settings.

I use BanditInArms as my nickname in both the ASE settings, GS settings and in the MOH multi-player setting.

I don't think it's the fact I use BanditInArms both in ASE and MOH setup screens. If this where true, then I would have the same problems with GS. However, as stated, using the "Set name" feature of ASE, makes my nickname BanditInArms.

Again, I might as well change my nickname via the console, if I am to use the "Set name" feature each and every time.
N/A

in ASE go to the left box where the game server and game types are listed. right click on MOH and select custom config. Type your name in there and u r all set Smiley

--
Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer
N/A

> in ASE go to the left box where the game server and game types are listed. right click on MOH and select custom config. Type your name in there and u r all set Smiley
>
>
>
>
> --
> Homerlovesbeer mmmmmmmmmm beer

This doesn't seem to work.

The information in that settings screen, is taken from the main setup system.

As such, the name field is set to "BanditInArms", config is set to blank and the path setup correctly.

I tried typing my name in the config box, and I can't find the ifno on is this to set my name (Which I would do).

I simply want ASE to function correcly.

I have tried the ASE forum, and e-mail. I lost my password to the forum (allready), so I can't remark on the ***** replies (IE, they told me (abruptly) that I should do this, that, the other, and all will work well, while my original post allready told them that method doesn't work), and my e-mail bouced back sayign I had sent to the address " eye@updsoft.com" (note the space), which is faulse (I checked my client, and I resent the mail, with a different clinet without the space).
N/A

I have finaly found and solved the issue, after a little help from UDP soft.

For some odd reason, the name "My usual" had ended up in the name field, for the folder "Favorates1".

This overwrote the nickname to be sent when joining other server.