cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Long Grass

N/A

Long Grass

I suffer from lag whilst playing BF2 and using TS could this be caused by this issue??. Neve heard of it before is there anything out there I can use to check my line etc duruing play??. I saw someone had a graph was wondering how it was produced and by what application? Thanks in advance for your help
5 REPLIES
GersFans
Grafter

Long Grass

I play a lot of online gaming and have to say yes, entering long grass can seem to lag you, but mostly its screen lag and not connection lag. The same goes for entering an area thats graphic intensive, the game appears to lag somewhat then evens out.

I use DUmeter to monitor my connection while gaming, and in all honesty the line quality I have is pretty poor with this provider so far, maybe it will get better with an 8mb upgrade.. :?
jagger
Grafter

Long Grass

Check out L8NC.

Addy in my sig.

Give it a couple of days to be actioned and you'll see exactly how your line is affecting your games.Like this did.

By the way,BF2 is unplayable at times due to lag.That's with an XP3200,1 gig of seriously low latency memory and a 7800GS graphics card.You really need to find a stable server that works for you and add it to your favourites quickly.

Plusnet haven't been very good for games so far this year (should have tried it in early March,absolutely pathetic) and I must admit that it stopped me fragging for a few weeks,although things are getting better.Sometimes.

Best bit is when you empty an entire magazine into some guy and he then pops you in the head.Only 'cos he's got a monster twin core chip,4 gig of memory,a pair of Raptors in a raid,two Sli'd cards and a Swedish broadband connection.

Keep the faith.You'll need it in here.

PS, Check out the Counter Strike post.You'll see you're not alone.

And this one in the general forum http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=40051
N/A

Long Grass

I use TS with BF2 and used to suffer from lag but since i upgraded the memery to 2gig instead of one experiance little or no lag at all, maybe you have to add another stick of mem to your beloved.
Slick
Grafter

Long Grass

ts dosnt conflict or slow any game wot so ever as im in a multi gaming clan where i play cod2 but the other members all use TS in game and never have any problems, try visiting our forums www.uk-r.co.uk/forums and post in the BF2 section where they will be happy to help.
N/A

Long Grass

I play EVERY day with BF2 and TS set on its highest quality rate and I have pings usually in the low 20's, must be some other problem, I do have 2g of low latency ram installed, but had that from the start, dont think it would make much difference, i would say its falling over somewhere else