cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live Marketplace Connection failure

N/A

I've just got my shiny new 360, but I can't download anything from the Live marketplace. I can from Live Arcade though...

Several other people have had the same problem, and a common thread seems to be a Plus.Net account. Has anyone on here had difficulty downloading anything from Marketplace?

It's not a connectivity problem - I've tried every concievable mechanism for connecting my machine, and they all fail. Live works, and Arcade downloads work.

Any suggestions? Does anyone from Plus.Net have anything to say on this?
50 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

We're not aware of anything at the moment, but I'll pass this through so that things can be double checked.

You say that other people are having the same problems, I take it that this is with the Live Marketplace as well?
N/A

Yes, just with Marketplace downloads. I'm not sure whether the Arcade downloads come from a different server (perhaps there's some way to run a trace on my account while I try to connect to see what happens?) I've read several reports of Plus.net users who've had trouble doing the same thing. Again, Live works, Arcade works, but not Marketplace.

I'm happy to work with you to establish what's wrong here, if that would be useful.

Edit: Also - I was told that a problem existed in the past with a Halo 2 update and Plus.Net - is this the case? If so, perhaps a similar problem is to blame here?
JonathanW
Grafter

Well, I've passed the details through, and will make sure that they're aware of the possible issue. But its unlikely that we'll be able to come up with anything untill monday when the networks team get into work.
N/A

OK, that's fine by me Smiley Meanwhile, I keep trying anything that comes to mind to see if that fixes it, and will update the thread accordingly.
N/A

Although I've not tried any downloads from the Marketplace yet I have read that severaql people are all having problems downloading, all with Plusnet and the connection terminates after about 5 minutes.
N/A

Same problem here.
Can download from Live Arcade, but not the demos/trailers.(Live gaming is OK)
Cuts off at 5% etc.

Most complaints on the AV Forums are from Plusnet customers, however two complaints include Pipex/Zen.
N/A

File Size

Could it be something to do with the file size, I have manged to download the ipod aac support program from the marketplace but like the rest of you nothing else will work ?
N/A

Hey all,

Ive got the same trouble. However, my brother is a Plusnet customer and he is able to download all the content from Market place.

I hate to say it, but I think this is a Microsoft issue.
cheers
N/A

It's not a microsoft issue:

http://forums.xbox.com/1/754088/ShowPost.aspx#754088

They've looked into things, and it doesn't sound like the "connection lost" marketplace issue is a Microsoft problem. There is another issue, which they are aware of, and are working to resolve.

Are the techies now present and correct at Plus.Net HQ? Can someone take a look at this issue now so we can once and for all establish who needs to fix what, and where!
N/A

mathewwhite - Is your brother a premier customer? I'm wondering whether it's something which affects users with a static IP address...? Yes, I am clutching at straws now Cheesy
N/A

I'm static IP/P2P unrestricted etc.
Tried all the suggestion from AV forums but still cuts off at 5%.
I have downloaded games but no trailers/demos from live market. (ie live arcade seems ok)
N/A

I'm having the same problems also, there are two big forums posts (about 4 pages long each, 100+ people) over at xbox come detailing the issue, most of which are from people with plus.net connections, so there must be a crossover there somewhere.

Everything is fine apart from the marketplace downloads, it seems like their servers are refusing the connection, as it drops after about 10 seconds or so.

Can anyone from your network support please have a look into this? Cheers.
N/A

Hiya Dan13l

Just so you know, my brother and I have exactly the same product from Plusnet. His works, mine dont!
N/A

Cheers for that, shame it destroys my theory! Oh well.