cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys Router config & XBOX Live

N/A

Linksys Router config & XBOX Live

All,

Am having some problems connecting to XBOX live and whilst my setup is a little strange am wondering if anyone can provide some assistance.

I have 2 linksys routers one wireless 54G and the other is a ADSL modem/router.

I have the wireless router plugged into the modem/router and that is obviously plugged into my ADSL line.

I have 2 PC's with wireless cards running XP.

Last night I tried setting up my XBOX live in multiple ways all without any luck. here is what I tried:

- ethernet cable direct to the modem/router (didn't work)
- ethernet cable direct to the modem/router with DMZ enabled and cable plugged into port 4 on modem/router (didn't work)
- ethernet cable direct to the wireless router (didn't work)
- ethernet cable direct to the wireless router with DMZ enabled on wireless router & modem/router (didn't work)

I even dusted off my old SAR715 solwise router and tried that which used to work but I couldn't get it to connect to the ISP so gave up on that.

Has anyone got a simliar config or know anything else to try here?

The exact issue is that my XBOX comes up with a message saying somthing like: "Your xbox needs to be updated, it will restart and then connect to xbox live" this just fails?

Modem/router: Linksys BEFDSR41W
Wireless router: Linksys WRT54G

Cheers
1 REPLY
N/A

Linksys Router config & XBOX Live ***Resolved***

All,

Just FYI managed to resolve this issue. The following config works for me know not the nicest solution but it does the trick:

modem/router (BEFDSR41W ) enabled DMZ using the IP for the wireless router (WRT54G), turned off the firewall on modem/router (for some reason with the firewall turned on it would not work?)

On the wirelss router turned on the firewall and setup DMZ IP for the xbox only.

Cheers,
Shaun V