cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOSS and CHOKE [in CounterStrike]

N/A

I've noticed i'm getting constant loss and choke in Counter Strike servers, this includes Jolt servers hich used to be very good, especially when I had Blueyonder. Are there any settings (not CS settings; rate, cmd rate or updaterate) I can change or Plus net can alter to improve the situation. In addition to this my UT2K3 servers also seem a bit slow but that could just be me...

Also Sometimes when I turn my PC on it can take up to 45 mins for the ADSL to synconise any ideas on this also?

Thx in advance.

By the way i'm running Win2K Cheesy
8 REPLIES
N/A

umm i get the same prob :/ constant choke/loss my mtu is tweaked and my modem drivers have been updates ¬_¬
N/A

i can help and its pretty simple
judging by the modem updates your 56k so all you need to do is tweek CS itself.
Go in a server and in consol ( press the ` key above TAB for console ) and enter the following
Rate 3500
cl_updaterate 25
cl_cmdrate 25

Rate = data sent from the server to you
cl_updaterate = speed at which info is sent to the server
cl_cmdrate = speed at which info is sent to YOU

you can play around with those to find the best config for you.
N/A

Re: LOSS and CHOKE [in CounterStrike]

I've noticed i'm getting constant loss and choke in Counter Strike servers, this includes Jolt servers hich used to be very good, especially when I had Blueyonder. Are there any settings (not CS settings; rate, cmd rate or updaterate) I can change or Plus net can alter to improve the situation. In addition to this my UT2K3 servers also seem a bit slow but that could just be me...

Also Sometimes when I turn my PC on it can take up to 45 mins for the ADSL to synconise any ideas on this also?

Thx in advance.

By the way i'm running Win2K Cheesy

I think it is you i'm afraid to say..altho i could be wrong
raise a ticket with plus.net m8
Also with the new steam update i don't think thats helping any
N/A

I dont thinks it just him

I get this too!!! the last couple of weeks it has started!!!

I also play on Jolt - which used to be good but I get constant loss/choke!! Infact with all servers I get it.

I have tried using all kind of ratesbut to no avail. This only started happening recently. And its not Steam as it was ok when I first got Steam. Also the rates u stated Tracer are for 56k only - Broadband u need much larger rates.

Can support have a look at this? People constantly seem to pass the buck. I also think this is related to the network problems people were commenting on in the adsl forum as it happens around the same time.

I have checked over my end of things and all looks ok (I am a IT support engineer btw so know what I am doing)

The problem is def network related

Can support have a look please? Its making gaming near unplayable.
N/A

any chance of an update please?
N/A

OMG plz dont tell me this, the only reason i went with plus net is for counterstrike, im gonna be so pissed off if i get loss and choke on uk servers!

Evil

btw i have seen in some forums disscusions here that maybe by rebboting the router to force the router toi use a differnt gateway will sort the prob, give it a try, you may ghave to rebbot a couple of times
N/A

ok have tried that....and nothing.

But then again I already tried rebooting before.

Still no word from supportHuh u r ignoring us?
Community Veteran

I'm assuming you're using an ADSL modem - is it internal PCI or external USB?

I'm not sure of the operating procedures for the internal/external modems supplied by PlusNet, but it certainly may be that your computer is having to offload processor time to these devices. Instead of the network actually being affected, it is the throughput on your machine as it tries to cope with running the game in whatever resolution you are playing in, and also handling the higher-level device functions.

My only suggestion is to see if anyone here has a router set up, and plays CS through it and compare loss/choke figures then.

B.