cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just a quick example

N/A

Just a quick example

Alot of people ask how much bandwidth gaming over the internet sucks up.

I did a small amount of download yesterday, apart from the usual email etc, some surfing.

But about 7 hours of BF1942 DC including 5 hours of teamspeak, AND my son playing his XBox with voice for about 4 hours

That used just over 457mb for the whole day, is that good or bad, I dont know, but its just an example
4 REPLIES
Phantom_Flan_Fl
Grafter

Just a quick example

I use the PC almost exclusively for on-line gaming, probably on average 15 to 20 hours a week.

My eldest watches a lot of videos on Launch.com and so far I've never gone over 5Gig in a month.

This is just a single PC, without any console gaming.
N/A

Just a quick example

Is that with voice over gaming as well?? because I know that hogs bandwidth more than actual games
Firejack
Grafter

Just a quick example

Hello,
Your bandwidth consumption is higher then average. In fact its higher then the power gamers amoungst us (like myself).
75% of the traffic over my plusnet connection is gaming traffic. This equals around 100MB's per day of bandwidth.
The reason you are experiencing such high bandwidth use I believe is caused by the XBOX Live service. Its fairly widely known that the XBOX uses significantly higher bandwidth then PC gaming. Microsoft says this is to ensure high levels of services but the games industry puts it down to poor programming.
Teamspeak doesn't use that much bandwidth. I've run the Plusnet Teamspeak service for the last 18 months. Most users typically report using around 20MB's a day. This seems about the correct figure dividing the server bandwidth over a month by the number of logins.
Unless you have channel of 20 or more people with a couple of chatter boxes you should be looking at disconnecting your XBOX for 24 hours and seeing the drop in bandwidth
N/A

Just a quick example

the bandwidth useage doesnt bother me to be honest, it was just a tester to see what others thought