cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet connection sharing

N/A

I'm just about to take my xbox on-line but I'm not sure about which method of connecting to use. I have the Voyager 105 USB modem supplied by Plus.net. Do I need to invest in a router as well or can I just share the connection? If I share, will there be a lot of lag in the connection? If I buy a router, what would you recommend.

Thanks for any help / ideas.
3 REPLIES
N/A

To have the basic ics set up. All you need is a ethernet card on your pc then the crossover ethernet cable goes from that into your xbox. Then if you enable sharing on the connection it should be fine. Routers are better and easier to do but more expensive. The router i have is wireless and costs around 64.99.

Its this one

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=5...
karmi
Grafter

I'm just about to take my xbox on-line but I'm not sure about which method of connecting to use. I have the Voyager 105 USB modem supplied by Plus.net. Do I need to invest in a router as well or can I just share the connection? If I share, will there be a lot of lag in the connection? If I buy a router, what would you recommend.

Thanks for any help / ideas.

Hiya.

As your using the Voyager, if you have the network card and hook it up to your Xbox for the internet, then it will only be possible to go online once your computer is online + when its dialed up, so any crashes of your computer or things like that will turn the internet on the xbox off.

Theres obviously the option of doing it with the PC (Especially if your PC is on alot and used near your Xbox)

Or theres the option of a router which is really simple and just means once you turn your computer or Xbox on you will be online straight away, no dialing up no fuss no hassle- Im currently on the Plusnet router which is £64.99 and available from wireless hardware (its a wireless router) but if your looking for wired connections I reckon you can get alot cheaper! I would suggest a router, but whatever suits the budget Smiley

Good luck
N/A

Thanks for your input. Just got my hands on a router for £10. See you on-line! Smiley