cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPstream being fast laned for gaming ports same as LLU?

Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

For about 3 weeks now LOTR has been lagging badly during off peek times and worse during peek. Ping traces show nothing abnormal, avg hop at about 40ms, but in game 150-300ms+ with 1-15% loss

I know the server in question[snowborn] that I use is crowded but checking with others from UK they have normal pings in game which I used to have ie 40-60ms. But I am still on a IPstream connection and don't want Max'd, so is IPstream being treated the same for game traffic prioritising?
Unvalued customer since 2001 funding cheap internet for others / DSL/Fibre house move 24 month regrade from 8th May 2017
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

There is no difference in the way LLU and IPstream are treated in terms of gaming traffic, both use the same Ellacoya configuration for both gaming and all other protocols.

There may however be a difference on how BT (IPstream) and Tiscali (LLU) handle such traffic but I am not aware of any protocol/port specific restrictions they impose while on their network.
sladkart
Grafter

I'm on PN/LLU and have also seen increased lag on LOTRO over the last month or so. Pings at LOTRO launch were around 70 - 80ms ( with interleave) but are now around 300+ ms.

I'm also on the Snowborn server so that may be a common factor, but I have friends also on that server with different ISPs that don't have any issues.

Maybe there is something wrong with the PN prioritisation for this game - or maybe just this server? Anyone else play LOTRO via PN having similar issues?