cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is ADSL for Gaming??

N/A

How is ADSL for Gaming??

Hi All,
Just waiting to see if im close enough to my exchange for adsl..but while i wait..can someone tell me how much of a difference lag-wise adsl makes for online gaming..

I see people with super low pingrates playing HL and UT etc and wondered..is it noticable? or is it more akin to playing on a lan?

I have been surviving for years on a modem so am curious to know what to look forward to....
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: How is ADSL for Gaming??

I have been playing Counter-Strike 1.4 with pings of less than 100ms on a busy server...
On Jedi-Knight 2, 5ms on a quiet server(4 players)...
Solider of Fortune 2, 20ms...

Very good.... everybody can become a LPB!!!! :-)
N/A

> I have been playing Counter-Strike 1.4 with pings of less than 100ms on a busy server...
> On Jedi-Knight 2, 5ms on a quiet server(4 players)...
> Solider of Fortune 2, 20ms...
>
> Very good.... everybody can become a LPB!!!! :-)

Excellent!! I wonder if it will make me any better!!haha..Least it will gimme a better chance at capping other users on fast connections..nothing worse than getting whacked by someone while stuck with lag!! so annoying!
N/A

> I have been playing Counter-Strike 1.4 with pings of less than 100ms on a busy server...
> On Jedi-Knight 2, 5ms on a quiet server(4 players)...
> Solider of Fortune 2, 20ms...
>
> Very good.... everybody can become a LPB!!!! :-)

Thanks mate..I am now up and running..bit of a culture shock for me though as i went from having around 180 ping and now its knocking around 30-40 on some of these servers..and im getting smegged quicker than you can say "wh....!" hehe cool though..as quick as a lan..this will be good..open up a lot of new servers to me around the world!