cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping times on COD2

N/A

High ping times on COD2

Hi

Anyone else experiencing bad latency when gaming? When I choose a server I see the ping time at around 40ms whenI get in the game I am running around the 120ms mark & the game becomes unplayable as I get killed by those with low latency ie around to 40-50 mark.

Any suggestions? I am on the Premium service.

TIA.
7 REPLIES
N/A

High ping times on COD2

BTW I am on 8Mb about 500 yards from my exchange although I only get about 3.5Mb d/l even though the router says I am connected at 7.5Mb.
N/A

High ping times on COD2

Snap, getting the same sort of thing, though there is a uk server that my clan play on and the ping to it is over 1200 and I cannot connect!!!

Server is 217.146.93.21:29960 seems to be a fairly good one, some intereting mods.

No idea who to contact to sort this out at there is nothing that i can find on the help system!

Not a happy bunny here :x
N/A

High ping times on COD2

i found that problem when i used to play cod2 online but i found that by lowering my graphics slighlty it reduced my ping allowing me to play
jrgrahamcov
Grafter

High ping times on COD2

Hi,

I would raise a support ticket making sure you have the ip address and port numbers of any affected servers.
N/A

High ping times on COD2

Finally got round to putting a ticket in for it. Shockedops:

Apparently the server is using a non standard port number for COD2 and therefore does not get given the same priority as other common gaming ports

Take it all back, got a very quick response to the ticket and the port number is getting submitted for consideration.

Hat's off to the support guys.
N/A

High ping times on COD2

all this port throttling is bovine excrement tbh and when you complain thay tell you to make the server hosting compaines change the ports that they use for the servers you wish to play on

no other isp is doing this to their customers so why is plus net and honstly i am having ping trouble on every server i visit join a 40 ms server get kicked for breaking the 200ms ping limt
N/A

High ping times on COD2

all this port throttling is bovine excrement tbh and when you complain thay tell you to make the server hosting compaines change the ports that they use for the servers you wish to play on
Yup, just what I was told... :?