cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with xbox live connection!!! Please!!!!!!!!!

N/A

hellllp!!

I have a adsl modem from plusnet that uses a usb connection to connect to my pc. i have a lan card on the back of my pc. i have the ethernet cables. i have a router. and i have an xbox. iv tried all the ways to connect to xbox live but they all dont work for some reason. its well annoying! can sum1 help me!!?!?!?

Satty, London
12 REPLIES
N/A

i have a ps2 here is what i do

hi i have had my ps2 connected via internet connection shareing, also on my modem/router via wireless connection, allways go for a fixed ip rather than one that is supplied from your router and if you can turn on a dmz host make this your xbox

let me know how you get on

oh yes make sure it isnt chipped xbox can detect this and then they will disable your xbox from the network
Agent47
Grafter

I had a very similar set-up to yours; my Xbox was connected to the network card on my PC with a cat 5 crossover cable. You have to switch on ICS (Internet connection sharing) by right clicking your active internet connection on the task bar left click on status then left click on properties button then left click on the advanced tab. You should find yourself with some option boxes for Internet connection firewall and Internet connection sharing, tick them both (firewalls are always a good Idea). I wouldn't go straight to the network setup wizard from there though. Go to http://www.xbox.com/en-gb/live/start/connect/ it will give a good guide on how to setup your Xbox through ICS and also through wired and wireless router.
To use that router of yours you will need a stand-alone adsl modem as USB modems need your PC to work, you can't just plug USB modems straight into the router. So ICS looks to be the lightest on your pocket, but it's still not the best as every time you want to enjoy Xbox live (and you will) you have to boot-up windows XP.
I now have a wireless network and use a Linksys Wireless -B game adapter and can highly recommend it. If you get into live then you should get your Xbox connected to a router (preferably wireless, it's not as fast as wired, but you can use your Xbox all around the house and even outside without turning your walls into swiss cheese), it should cost no more than 150 notes.
Hope this helps.
N/A

Windows ics is simple. If u have the lan card on ur pc and a cross over cable linking from the lan card 2 ur xbox this shud be very simple 2 do. U have 2 go 2 network connection and enable sharing it shud say all this on xbox.com
N/A

i cant connect to xbox live either just says "DSL ERROR" Sad
N/A

Dont people read any more. Go to control panel network connection. Right click ur dial up bit. Then go 2 properties then the advanced tab u have a list of things firewall at top. There is a tick box and next to that it says allow other people to connect through this connection. Click the tab. Thats how u enable ics sharing
N/A

shamone!

ahh ok cheers m8! Cheesy
N/A

extreme 17 is da man lol Cool
N/A

Yeah i no thanks lol. I have helped a lot of people we ics
N/A

perhaps u should set up helpline and charge loads of cash per call lol ull b rich then m8 Wink Wink Wink
N/A

Yeah 1 day lol
jgardner
Grafter

I've right clicked on my network connection, then clicked on the advanced tab, and the only check box on the screen is to enable the XP firewall, there isn't a option to enable internet sharing. Is this where the option is supposed to be?
Community Veteran

Yes, that is where it should be, but It will only be available if you have 2 network devices available: i.e. a dialup & Ethernet connection or 2 Ethernet connections. I also think you need to select the interface you want to share.

What is your network setup on the PC? i.e. what is connected to what and how?